Windows 10: Can’t login when booting up the PC

Discus and support Can’t login when booting up the PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I boot up my PC, I type the correct password but for some reason it doesn’t register as a correct one, security questions don’t help neither. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndyToskovic, May 20, 2020.

1. Can’t login when booting up the PC

When I boot up my PC, I type the correct password but for some reason it doesn’t register as a correct one, security questions don’t help neither. Is there any way I can bypass the login screen so I can edit the password in settings?

submitted by /u/AndyToskovic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AndyToskovic, May 20, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 20, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, May 20, 2020
  4. Can’t login when booting up the PC

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Can’t login when booting up the PC

1. Can’t login when booting up the PC - Similar Threads - Can’t login booting

2. Can’t sign into windows when booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign into windows when booting up: I got back my laptop from repair, I tried to sign in to my personal count and entered wrong password multiple times and now I can’t even sign into local account. Please help . it shows the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to....
  3. Can’t sign into windows when booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t sign into windows when booting up: I got back my laptop from repair, I tried to sign in to my personal count and entered wrong password multiple times and now I can’t even sign into local account. Please help . it shows the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to....
  4. PC freezes when booting up or after signing into my windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes when booting up or after signing into my windows login: Since I have a feeling what might’ve caused this but don’t know how to fix it, I will tell the full story: I wanted to play a certain game on my PC but after installing it and pressing play, it said I was missing a certain DLL file. I actually went on a website and downloaded...
  5. PC freezes when booting up or after signing into my windows login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes when booting up or after signing into my windows login: Since I have a feeling what might’ve caused this but don’t know how to fix it, I will tell the full story: I wanted to play a certain game on my PC but after installing it and pressing play, it said I was missing a certain DLL file. I actually went on a website and downloaded...
  6. PC freezes when booting up or after signing into my windows login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can’t login to PC window account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to PC window account: Hi, I used to login to my laptop using PIN but suddenly it stopped working and it started saying wrong username and password. So i tried my microsoft account password which i know was right but it still gave me same error everytime. I even tried resetting my account...
  8. No login/password prompt when booting up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No login/password prompt when booting up.: Hi, Just got my new Thinkpad T14s (AMD). Worked well last night, updated everything and installed a few apps I use. This morning it was fine, but after closing the lid, and opening it back up after a while the login screen was grey (no picture displayed). Only thing showing...
  9. Can’t boot up windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t boot up windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/misterchow21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7tspp/cant_boot_up_windows/
  10. Can’t login to PC after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t login to PC after reset: hello, today i reset my pc (while keeping personal data) to remove alot of programs in the hooes my oc would perform better and now it is stuck on the login screen. I put in my microsoft password, it tells me it is incorrect. Ive only used this one but ive reset it anyways...