Windows 10: Can't login with correct password

Discus and support Can't login with correct password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my admin password on 2020-3-17 midnight, I was still able to login with the new password in the morning at 6:45:52 image attached but I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by H. K. Leung, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Can't login with correct password

I changed my admin password on 2020-3-17 midnight, I was still able to login with the new password in the morning at 6:45:52 image attached
    but I am unable to login with the new password anymore. I can only login with a guest account now. Where should I start to look for root of the error?

Thanks!
    Can't login with correct password 51578967-14bd-4d3f-8385-28d109993e37?upload=true.jpg

:)

H. K. Leung, Mar 17, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while login to the PC using your Microsoft account.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to sign with the correct login credential in Safe mode. Also check if you are connected the PC to the internet, preferably through Ethernet cable.

1. At the login screen click on the power symbol.
    2. Hold SHIFT key in the keyboard and click Restart.
    3. After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.
    4. Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot
      screen.
    5. Click on Startup Settings
    6. Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to Safe Mode
    7. Login with the correct password using the onscreen keyboard.

Please get back to us with the end result for further investigation.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Can't login with correct password

Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Hi Team,

Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work.

I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode...

Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe Mode with Networking.O

Here i re-enter the password and it doesn't work.

Please suggest...

RohitPanchalPanchal, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't login with correct password

1. Can't login with correct password - Similar Threads - Can't login correct

2. Restarting windows, can't login with correct password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting windows, can't login with correct password.: My computer hit me with the "critical processor died" bluescreen. I need to login to my account on windows on my computer to restart windows and solve this problem. However I can't login, it says that the password is wrong....
  3. Restarting windows, can't login with correct password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting windows, can't login with correct password.: My computer hit me with the "critical processor died" bluescreen. I need to login to my account on windows on my computer to restart windows and solve this problem. However I can't login, it says that the password is wrong....
  4. Restarting windows, can't login with correct password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Can’t login even with correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t login even with correct password: Hi,My Surface Book running Windows 10 was running perfectly fine until I received a windows notification that a scan disk was required this wasn’t in response to a pop up or other malware. When I restarted my system, drive C went through a disk scan and no errors or other...
  6. not able to login in minecraft even if the login and password is correct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not able to login in minecraft even if the login and password is correct: i am able to login from other devices but not from my windows 10 device i also tried this trickhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-java-launcher-not-able-to-sign-in-well-i/d979714e-90d5-497e-a187-2e3ed0525965 but it again started this same problem....
  7. Can't login, correct password incorrect.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login, correct password incorrect.: My computer was booting to a black screen that I kept restarting to to try to fix. After it finally booted correctly the resolution looked messed up and my correct password is saying incorrect. I can't access any of the troubleshoot options as it says I need my account...
  8. Can't login in windows with correct password

Can't login in windows with correct password: Have tried everything, Shift + restart safe mode. Recovery and others ask for admin access , then tried to alow admin access with comand promt which doesn't work! Teling me again "You need to sign in as administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts...
  9. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - incorrect password is correct.

Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - incorrect password is correct.: unable to sign in on windows 10. does not accept password reset. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-my-windows-10-computer-incorrect/b0d965b0-5411-4bed-8fe9-bdb8be84dded
  10. Can't login with correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login with correct password: i restarted my PC to try and fix my printer as it wouldnt print. Now i cannot login. I type my correct password no luck. I type my correct PIN, no luck. Googled the problem and followed Microsoft advice to reset my password. I did this from my iPad and still cannot log in....