Windows 10: Can't login with Family Safety

Discus and support Can't login with Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've setup family safety in my son's pc with strong restrictions on timing usage. For some times it worked: he asked me time to connect and I gave... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StefyVI, Jan 25, 2021.

1. StefyVI Win User

Can't login with Family Safety

Hi,

I've setup family safety in my son's pc with strong restrictions on timing usage. For some times it worked: he asked me time to connect and I gave him time through the app. Last week it stopped working, giving an error message "Not connected to Internet"

The internet connection is working. I've tried everything also removing my son account from the family control, but nothing is useful to login because the local account doesn't connect to internet to update the account restrictions.

So we can't use the PC anymore. :-

The only thing that I can do is to enter in Windows safe mode.

Is there a way to swith-off the family safety directly into the pc and not from Family account? Maybe a key registry...

Otherwise the only way that I see is to reset the pc and it's something that I would avoid...

Thank you

:)

StefyVI, Jan 25, 2021

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Can't login with Family Safety 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Family Safety seen not to be working

Hi Roi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Which Windows 10 build is installed on your computer?

I would suggest you to remove the child account from the family safety website and then add it again. Follow the below steps:

• Login to the
      www.familysafety.microsoft.com
    • Remove the Child account.
    • Now from the Parent computer, open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Family and other users.
    • Click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter the Email address of the Child account which was removed.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Now a verification email address will be send to the Child’s Email address.
    • Then login to the family safety website and then you can put the restrictions for the Child.
    Hope this helps. Post back with the results so that we can assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, Jan 25, 2021
  4. MarkG_OKC Win User

Google account login not working with Microsoft Family Safety enabled.

I have two Windows 10 computers/accounts that have Microsoft Family Safety enabled for my 13 & 15 year olds. Both are not able to login to their Google accounts via IE11, Edge browser or even the built in mail app. If I disable MS Family Safety on their
    accounts, everything (Google account login) works just fine. There are no site restrictions in place and placing Google in the allow list has no effect.

Anyone experience the same problem or have any suggestions.

THX

MarkG_OKC, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't login with Family Safety - Similar Threads - Can't login Family

2. family safety can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family safety can't login: I have tried to log into my family safety account to erase my child from it so that she doesn’t need my permission to log into her computer, but every time I try to login the website just refreshes and refreshes, and nothing opens up I want to takeoff family safety for her...
  3. family safety can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family safety can't login: I have tried to log into my family safety account to erase my child from it so that she doesn’t need my permission to log into her computer, but every time I try to login the website just refreshes and refreshes, and nothing opens up I want to takeoff family safety for her...
  4. Family safety

Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  5. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  6. Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  7. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  8. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  9. Can't connect a device in Family Safety

Can't connect a device in Family Safety: I've created a Microsoft account for my daughter who is part of my 'family' on Microsoft family. She's logged onto her device with that account and created a password etc and her account on that device is a standard account. But her device will not appear when I log onto the...
  10. Family Safety.

Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...