Windows 10: Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one.

Discus and support Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I tried to login earlier today, it worked fine, but when I tried to logging right now, it said I couldn’t sign in to my account and gave me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andriniblu, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one.

When I tried to login earlier today, it worked fine, but when I tried to logging right now, it said I couldn’t sign in to my account and gave me a temporary one. Please help me, most of my shortcuts are gone, and all my data is gone. To make matters worse, I tried restarting it, and now my monitor won’t turn on!

submitted by /u/andriniblu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andriniblu, Jul 25, 2020
  2. ajb55 Win User

Unable to login to my account after an update on WIndows 10. give me me a temporary account and i cannot access any for my files

after an update form Microsoft my computer will not log me in is starts to login and then give me me a temporary account and i cannot access any for my files

update was on 24/oct and i cannot find it with my temporary account can you help

OP - login

ajb55, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one.

Why does Windows 10 always sign in me with a temporary account?

I am facing the same issue with my laptop.

I have two login accounts in my laptop, one is admin and other is user. I had no issue in longing in the both account since last update to Win 10 a few weeks ago.

But, today when I logged in to my user account, it given a dialog box reading " We could not login to your account. Any changes to this may not save in this temporary account". My login to admin account is ok. there is no such error.

WaqasIllyas, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one.

1. Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one. - Similar Threads - Can’t login account

2. Can’t login to my specific account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login to my specific account: Recently I’ve not been able to login to my account on my laptop as the icon for the accounts is not there however when logging in to the only account available my account appears to be still there as it is shown in the family and other users I have tried restarting and...
  3. Can’t login to my specific account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login to my specific account: Recently I’ve not been able to login to my account on my laptop as the icon for the accounts is not there however when logging in to the only account available my account appears to be still there as it is shown in the family and other users I have tried restarting and...
  4. Can’t login to my specific account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Can’t login with Windows account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login with Windows account.: I know my windows account information but when I enter my password the computer tells me my password is not correct. I did not make a password recovery disk and I don’t have any options on the screen for “forgot password” only reset password which tells me that I can’t reset...
  6. Can’t login with Windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login with Windows account.: I know my windows account information but when I enter my password the computer tells me my password is not correct. I did not make a password recovery disk and I don’t have any options on the screen for “forgot password” only reset password which tells me that I can’t reset...
  7. Can’t login with Windows account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Login with temporary account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Login with temporary account: Hallo everyone I got a big problem after i tried to chance name of pc in regedit. I'm always connected with temporary account and can't access my data. I tried safe mode, deactivate anti-virus and crating secondary account and making it administrator and transferring...
  9. I can’t log in to my Oulook account. It tells me its temporary and will erase any changed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t log in to my Oulook account. It tells me its temporary and will erase any changed...: This latest Windows 10 update has turned my computer into a brick. Every time I log in using my PIN or password it tells me it can’t connect. I’ve tried to change my password from the Start menu, from the Oulook website, and using another computer. I have managed to...
  10. Windows signing me into temporary account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows signing me into temporary account: Ive tried doing everything windows and other people have ive seen other posts and they didnt work and theres no restore points i can use. im almost done at this point its pissing me off to no end....