Windows 10: cant login with pin or fingerprint

Discus and support cant login with pin or fingerprint in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a new laptop a few days ago. Everything works normally when i set a fingerprint or a pin and it works normally when it wwant... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Honza Obst, Sep 6, 2020.

1. cant login with pin or fingerprint

Hello, I bought a new laptop a few days ago. Everything works normally when i set a fingerprint or a pin and it works normally when it wwant authentication on a mirosoft store, but my login to windows does not work. pin login is not displayed at all and when i try use the fingerprint it makes sound like it is not the correct fingerprint and i have to login with my password. i have a TPM chip inside and i tried to erase memory but it didnt work. and a have no errors

this is the website with the notebook: https://www.czc.cz/hp-probook-455-g7-stribrna_3/288257/produkt

:)

Honza Obst, Sep 6, 2020

2. Fingerprint and pin login not working

After changing my email address on my Microsoft account, the old email address still appears on my Windows 10 sign in screen.

However I find I am now unable to log in with my fingerprint or pin. I can only log in by typing the password. I get this error message:

"You can't sign in to your device right now. Try the last password you used on this device."

I attempted to change the account to a local account and when I do I get this error message:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to a local account. Code 0x80004005"

Any suggestions on how to get my Microsoft login to reflect my new email address and restore my ability to log in with fingerprint and pin?

Zac Mutrux, Sep 6, 2020
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 6, 2020
  4. cant login with pin or fingerprint

KB4015217 kills fingerprint or Pin login

I have an HP Envy i7 laptop. When KB4015217 installs, the fingerprint scanner says "A error occurred" (real helpful), and it won't accept my PIN number. Once I login by user name, it won't allow me to update, delete or refresh the fingerprint scans, and
    it won't allow me to change or reenter the Pin code. If I uninstall KB4015217, I'm OK again until it automatically reinstalls the next time.

Update - now the computer is stuck with a pending installation of KB4015217 which is won't complete. I can't remove it, recovery doesn't work, and the fingerprint scanner/pin login are broken.

Microsoft, please fix your bug-infested update!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Doug Fuller 93012, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

cant login with pin or fingerprint

1. cant login with pin or fingerprint - Similar Threads - cant login pin

2. Login windows11 ไม่ได้ ทั้งpin และ fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login windows11 ไม่ได้ ทั้งpin และ fingerprint: ฉันไปเปิด service ใน system configทั้งหมด แล้วrestartเครื่อง จากนั้นฉันloginไม่ได้เลย ทั้งลายนิ้วมือก็สแกนไม่ได้ pinก็ขึ้นให้ set up pin แต่พอกดไปมันขึ้นว่า โหลดแอปในstore พอกด yes ก็ไม่มีอะไรเกิดขึ้น ทำอย่างไรดี มีข้อความนี้ขึ้นมาด้วย system detected an overrun of a...
  3. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login: I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school used google and my brother logged into his school account to the PC, it was after this I was forced by the computer to change...
  4. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login: I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school used google and my brother logged into his school account to the PC, it was after this I was forced by the computer to change...
  5. Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint login: Hello trying to get finger print login to work again. Yesterday it was working fine today it isn't. I can't get anything to work what do i do? I cannot even get a hold of anyone with microsoft on this matter over the phone and there is no dust in my finger print scan spot. I...
  6. Login fingerprint and PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login fingerprint and PIN: My computer won't let me use my fingerprint of PIN to log in. When I hit "Forgot my PIN" I get a second screen that is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-fingerprint-and-pin/2f342603-fca3-4073-8bb5-495038c85926
  7. How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login?: How can I turn off login pin or fingerprint? [Original Title: Log on] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-pin-or-fingerprint-login/e0e3c77f-00e7-4091-82b9-87db51da470e
  8. Pin fingerprint login but no account no network

Pin fingerprint login but no account no network: I was not able to log on to laptop w fingerprint nor pin. Was able to log on with microsoft account password. it does not have available networks, no internet it does not have account info where i could reset pin I have added a local account with password and security...
  9. How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?: I've had this PC for a few months now after having a MacBook. On the MacBook, I could make it so I could completely bypass a login screen and never have to enter a password when the computer went to sleep or was closed. I can't turn this off on my PC. I've tried used the...
  10. Fingerprint Login

Fingerprint Login: I got a new Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL and the fingerprint login stopped working after a day. I get a message saying "your credentials could not be verified" It looks like the scanner is fine. It lights up and recognizes my account but then give me the error above. I then have to...