Windows 10: Can't login with PIN

Discus and support Can't login with PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Brand spankin' new laptop with windows 10. I set up a PIN and started transferring stuff from my old laptop. I did a restart and now I can't login.If I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jonathan8084, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Can't login with PIN

Brand spankin' new laptop with windows 10. I set up a PIN and started transferring stuff from my old laptop. I did a restart and now I can't login.If I enter my PIN, it tells me my credentials cannot be verified.If I try to reset my PIN, it tells me I'm not able to.If I try to restart in sage mode, same thingI've tried to do every type of reset available in the various shift/restart options menus and nothing worksEven used my old laptop to do a win10 backup to a thumb drive, and it doesn't work either.Tried various command prompt fixes, none have worked. Seems this brand new laptop is now junk

:)

Jonathan8084, Apr 3, 2022

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 3, 2022
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 3, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Can't login with PIN

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Can't login with PIN

1. Can't login with PIN - Similar Threads - Can't login PIN

2. Can't login to account with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to account with PIN: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop, so I when to my laptop to do video editing when suddenly I put the correct PIN code to the login screen and it said it was wrong, only for a time. I tried restarting the laptop and reinsert the PIN, but it wouldn't work, I tried using "I...
  3. Can't login to account with PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to account with PIN: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop, so I when to my laptop to do video editing when suddenly I put the correct PIN code to the login screen and it said it was wrong, only for a time. I tried restarting the laptop and reinsert the PIN, but it wouldn't work, I tried using "I...
  4. Can't login with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login with PIN: Brand spankin' new laptop with windows 10. I set up a PIN and started transferring stuff from my old laptop. I did a restart and now I can't login.If I enter my PIN, it tells me my credentials cannot be verified.If I try to reset my PIN, it tells me I'm not able to.If I try...
  5. Can't login with PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login with PIN: Brand spankin' new laptop with windows 10. I set up a PIN and started transferring stuff from my old laptop. I did a restart and now I can't login.If I enter my PIN, it tells me my credentials cannot be verified.If I try to reset my PIN, it tells me I'm not able to.If I try...
  6. Can't use PIN to login code 0x80090016

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't use PIN to login code 0x80090016: ** Ive had this account and laptop for years** The other day I tried to download an app for my Asus laptop. I was told I need a pin to do so, so I went to create a pin for my account but kept going in loops with it telling me it was unavailable to make a pin, but not telling...
  7. Can't login to my account without PIN, can't change PIN without PIN, don't know PIN.

Can't login to my account without PIN, can't change PIN without PIN, don't know PIN.: The problem began because my OneNote was logged out of one of my microsoft accounts - the account associated with my Windows laptop. To log back in, it demands either my fingerprint reader, which stopped working, or my PIN, which I can't remember. I can't change my pin from...
  8. Can't change login PIN

Can't change login PIN: I want to change my login PIN before I send my laptop back to the office for another user. I went to Settings > Account > Sign-In Options and Windows Hello Pin is listed as currently unavailable. I read a lot of post on this community and have tried with no luck. I am...
  9. can't setup "PIN" to login to windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't setup "PIN" to login to windows: [ATTACH] this is a weird problem. i logged into my college email using the Mail app in windows 10. after that i got a message that tells me that i need to setup a new PIN to login to windows (my old PIN was 4 digits) and the new Required one should be more than 6 digits....
  10. Can't login with Pin code

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login with Pin code: Hello everyone, I am using Windows 10 (Build 10586.3). When I try to login with pin code, it takes long time then it didn't login. If I change the to settings ==> Lock Screen ==> and enable "show windows background picture on the sin-in screen" it works! I tried the...