Windows 10: Can't login

Discus and support Can't login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; trying to put new hard drive in. My old unit would shut down randomly and come rite back on. I am trying to change the hard drive and see if that will... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ben Daniels, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Can't login

trying to put new hard drive in. My old unit would shut down randomly and come rite back on. I am trying to change the hard drive and see if that will fix the problem. But I put another hard drive in and when it comes on ask for my password and it says invalid just won't take it. Is there a way to erase the password part so I can install win 10 pro? Or is this unit just junk. I am not the britest star in the sky when it comes to this sort of thing. Can some give me help?
    Thanks
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Jul 5, 2017
  2. JillBaty Win User

Password for windows 10

To be clear, you can't login to your computer and get to the start menu, or you can't login to your MS account, or both?

JillBaty, Jul 5, 2017
  3. can't login in microsoft store and can't download the apps from store

Original title: login into microsoft store

Sir I can't login in microsoft store.and can't download the apps from store

KartikTaralkar, Jul 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can't login

You can boot the windows 10 free DVD and do a clean install no problem

Samuria, Jul 5, 2017
  5. it won't boot to cd drive only goes to login id. At turn on I hit F2 and it says going to setup but never goes there just get login password

Ben Daniels, Jul 5, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Ben, *Smile

Would this be for entering a BIOS/UEFI password something like below instead of the sign-in for Windows 10?

If yes, then you should be able to reset CMOS to clear it. Some motherboards have a reset button on the motherboard to do so, while others you have to remove the CMOS battery or jump the CMOS jumper. You'll need to read your motherboard's manual for specific details on how though.

Can't login [​IMG]

Brink, Jul 5, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    Seems like a bios password has been set... ? What setup runs then refers to a password?

Edit: Ninja'd by an alien...*chuckle

Superfly, Jul 5, 2017
  8. Can't login

trying to boot to cd to re-install win 10 pro

Ben Daniels, Jul 5, 2017
  9. Superfly Win User
    Yah! .. but bios password should kick in before the CD (setup) runs.. ie. at post?

Superfly, Jul 5, 2017
  10. something does because never opens say wrong password and the after 7 times it says needs to power down You turn off power and it will turn back on but does the same thing. Will not let me go anywhere. Is this thing just junk use it for a boat anchor????

Ben Daniels, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't login

1. Can't login - Similar Threads - Can't login

2. Recently installed windows 10Pro, forgot my password and can't login to my device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recently installed windows 10Pro, forgot my password and can't login to my device: I recently installed windows 10 Pro but I forgot my password and can't login to my device. There's no option for recovering a password. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-installed-windows-10pro-forgot-my/5c2e14fd-690f-4ae9-aa02-5a1d016f8c74
  3. Recently installed windows 10Pro, forgot my password and can't login to my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently installed windows 10Pro, forgot my password and can't login to my device: I recently installed windows 10 Pro but I forgot my password and can't login to my device. There's no option for recovering a password. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-installed-windows-10pro-forgot-my/5c2e14fd-690f-4ae9-aa02-5a1d016f8c74
  4. Recently installed windows 10Pro, forgot my password and can't login to my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't login onedriver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't login onedriver: after upgrade found one driver can not login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-onedriver/a5cd9b5a-6118-4436-8043-afd34e527c5b
  6. can't login onedriver

can't login onedriver: after upgrade found one driver can not login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-onedriver/a5cd9b5a-6118-4436-8043-afd34e527c5b
  7. Can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login: Someone stole my laptop that had everything on there, so i tried locating it with another laptop using find-my-device from Microsoft. And because both laptops are from HP i didnt know which one was the stolen one i couldn't acess the location on the other because it doesnt...
  8. Can't login

Can't login: Someone stole my laptop that had everything on there, so i tried locating it with another laptop using find-my-device from Microsoft. And because both laptops are from HP i didnt know which one was the stolen one i couldn't acess the location on the other because it doesnt...
  9. Can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!

Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!: so where the issue lies I was trying to reset my password to be able to change my pin after as what the message boxes instructed note: I only did this because there was no option to change the pin in the beginning just the option forgot pin and forgot the other one upon...