Windows 10: Can't login

Discus and support Can't login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; trying to put new hard drive in. My old unit would shut down randomly and come rite back on. I am trying to change the hard drive and see if that will... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ben Daniels, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Can't login

trying to put new hard drive in. My old unit would shut down randomly and come rite back on. I am trying to change the hard drive and see if that will fix the problem. But I put another hard drive in and when it comes on ask for my password and it says invalid just won't take it. Is there a way to erase the password part so I can install win 10 pro? Or is this unit just junk. I am not the britest star in the sky when it comes to this sort of thing. Can some give me help?
    Thanks
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Jul 5, 2017
  2. JillBaty Win User

Password for windows 10

To be clear, you can't login to your computer and get to the start menu, or you can't login to your MS account, or both?

JillBaty, Jul 5, 2017
  3. can't login in microsoft store and can't download the apps from store

Original title: login into microsoft store

Sir I can't login in microsoft store.and can't download the apps from store

KartikTaralkar, Jul 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can't login

You can boot the windows 10 free DVD and do a clean install no problem

Samuria, Jul 5, 2017
  5. it won't boot to cd drive only goes to login id. At turn on I hit F2 and it says going to setup but never goes there just get login password

Ben Daniels, Jul 5, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Ben, *Smile

Would this be for entering a BIOS/UEFI password something like below instead of the sign-in for Windows 10?

If yes, then you should be able to reset CMOS to clear it. Some motherboards have a reset button on the motherboard to do so, while others you have to remove the CMOS battery or jump the CMOS jumper. You'll need to read your motherboard's manual for specific details on how though.

Can't login [​IMG]

Brink, Jul 5, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    Seems like a bios password has been set... ? What setup runs then refers to a password?

Edit: Ninja'd by an alien...*chuckle

Superfly, Jul 5, 2017
  8. Can't login

trying to boot to cd to re-install win 10 pro

Ben Daniels, Jul 5, 2017
  9. Superfly Win User
    Yah! .. but bios password should kick in before the CD (setup) runs.. ie. at post?

Superfly, Jul 5, 2017
  10. something does because never opens say wrong password and the after 7 times it says needs to power down You turn off power and it will turn back on but does the same thing. Will not let me go anywhere. Is this thing just junk use it for a boat anchor????

Ben Daniels, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't login

1. Can't login - Similar Threads - Can't login

2. Can't login to Windows 10 using password and PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to Windows 10 using password and PIN: Split from this thread. I have. A Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10. The other day threre was a update. It installed it. Then backed out for some reason?? Now i can no longer log in by password not the 4 digit pin no dots. Help...
  3. Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any...: Today i restarted my laptop which is a HP with windows 10. When restarting a update launched and it took a long time to perform, longer than i have had before. Since then when i tried to log into my profile it said it cannot launch the profile, so i restarted and it let me...
  4. Windows 10 login bug? Can't login- Stuck at "please wait" screen right before sign-in.

Windows 10 login bug? Can't login- Stuck at "please wait" screen right before sign-in.: So I've had this pc for about a year, and it's never given me too many serious issues that I had a hard time fixing before, until this. I play on my pc a lot, I game, I do basically anything with it. I turn on my pc after about 3 hours of it being turned off, and I'm sitting...
  5. Bought minecraft window's 10 and can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought minecraft window's 10 and can't login: Bought minecraft for window's 10 and am unable to sign in. After clicking "sign in" I get an error message stating that "We tried to sign you in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong". Have researched for 4 days to resolve this issue but with no luck. Can...
  6. Can't login after battery run out while restarting

Can't login after battery run out while restarting: So i decided to reset my pc and followed a quick tutorial: I went to Settings/Recovery/Reset this PC - get started. I chose the remove everything option and then the remove files and clean drive option. Everything worked well, after some time Windows started to install...
  7. Windows update 1903 I can't login to my windows

Windows update 1903 I can't login to my windows: After the the windows update 1903, I turned on the laptop and entered my password. However, everytime I entered my password, the screen would look like it would proceed but then it goes back to entering my password. I tried entering my microsoft password but it won't work...
  8. Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps

Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps: (I'm writing this post using alternative account) Hello, yesterday I bought new laptop with installed, but not activated W10. When I first fired it up I went straight to account settings to switch from local account to MS one. When I entered my email and then pass and...
  9. Can't install windows apps and can't login to windows store either and can't link my...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install windows apps and can't login to windows store either and can't link my...: Hey, I had to call in to Microsoft a few days ago and yesterday and was on the phone for hours and did several things with them which ultimately made my PC worse and had issues that my pc didn't even have before I called in, so I had to factory reset it choosing a clean...
  10. Can't login to xbox account throught minecraft windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to xbox account throught minecraft windows 10: 0When I try to login to my xbox account through minecraft windows 10 I get an error that says something went wrong. I have never got to the point where I type in my information. How do I fix this issue?...