Windows 10: Can't logoff from RDP session because Event Notification service stucks

Discus and support Can't logoff from RDP session because Event Notification service stucks in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, When I logoff from my rdp session sometimes it doesn't end and stucks on "Please wait for the system Event Notification service" (on Russian... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kbsx32, Nov 28, 2019.

1. kbsx32 Win User

Can't logoff from RDP session because Event Notification service stucks

Hello,

When I logoff from my rdp session sometimes it doesn't end and stucks on "Please wait for the system Event Notification service" (on Russian "Работает служба уведомления о системных событиях").
    When I try to reconnect via rdp, i get the same screen with same error from previous session. The only thing that helps is PC reboot.

In Event Viewer I found next event -
    The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logoff).
    Source: Winlogon
    EventID: 6005

Can anybody help me?

OS is Windows 10 Pro 1809.

--

Добрый день,

Когда я пытаюсь разлогиниться из моей RDP-сессии, иногда она зависает на стадии "Работает служба уведомления о системных событиях".
    Когда я пытаюсь переподключиться по RDP, я получаю тот же экран с этой же ошибкой с предыдущей сессии. Помогает только перезагрузка.

В Event Viewer-е я нашёл следующее -
    The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logoff).
    Source: Winlogon
    EventID: 6005

Может ли кто-нибудь помочь?
    ОС: Windows 10 Pro 1809

:)

kbsx32, Nov 28, 2019
  2. DennieMPF Win User

Logging off RDP users

I have several RDS servers that numerous users connect to. (MS Server 2016 and 2012) Everyday at 5:05PM, we have to "logoff" certain users from their sessions. I use Remote Desktop Services Manager to see all the users connected to RDS servers. Manually
    I CTRL and select the users I need to logoff. Then right-click and Logoff. Works fine. However,

I want to automate this process and haven't found a way to do so using the following criteria:

1. Needs to be by username. Session ID will change. Username doesn't.

2. I can build a list of usernames (that will be edited as users come in and out of the criteria for logoff - i.e. salespersons come and go)

3. Would like some sort of script that references the usernames on the list then searches for RDP connections they may have.

4. If found, the user will be logged off their session.

NOTE - CANNOT "kill" or "reset" the connection. Logging off allows the software they're using on the remote server to be properly closed before dumping the session.

5. This script process can be Task Scheduled on each of the remote servers and set to execute at 5:05PM daily (M-F) or it can look for these users and perform the logoff via the Remote Desktop Services Manger on my PC..

Open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dennie

DennieMPF, Nov 28, 2019
  3. RDP session

I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen

JohnNic212, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Can't logoff from RDP session because Event Notification service stucks

"g" key sticks in RDP sessions

Hello,

Lately in the past few days or so we've had multiple users with the same issue. Whenever I enter any RDP session in full-screen mode, the "g" key is stuck. It inputs "g" over and over every 3-4 seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nate Hinshaw, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Can't logoff from RDP session because Event Notification service stucks

1. Can't logoff from RDP session because Event Notification service stucks - Similar Threads - Can't logoff RDP

2. Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp: HelloWhen checking on a laptop, I can see multiple login/logoff events with the same timestamp same hour, same minute, same second but a difference of milliseconds.What I was able to saw is that the TargetLogonID is the same, and when checking the PID of the process...
  3. RDP session becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  4. RDP session becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  5. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  6. System Event Notification Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Event Notification Service: I'm getting this message when I boot up my computer: Failed to connect to a Windows service Windows couldn't connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from signing in. Is there an easy way to fix this? Everything I...
  7. Printer not working after RDP logoff

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not working after RDP logoff: I have Windows Server 2016 working as a print server for networked printers. The remote PC (Windows 10) has the printer and driver installed, and works perfectly....until it is connected to from a 2nd PC (Windows 7) through RDP. During the remote session, the Win7 PC can...
  8. RDP session

RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...
  9. Hyper-V causes "stutter" from RDP sessions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-V causes "stutter" from RDP sessions: I have a laptop (Lenovo P51 for reference) that I installed Hyper-V onto so that I could used Docker for Windows. I always connect to this machine via RDP, but since the install of hyper-v i get a stutter when typing in documents/webpages etc (Not talking about the VM......
  10. Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session

Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session: Hello, I have my desktop at home setup so that I can use Windows Remote Desktop to remote into it and do work. When I'm done, I usually just close the RDP session window, leaving my computer at home logged in, but locked (because I have other server processes running). If...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2016 please wait for the system event service

2. server 2016 hyper-v vm rdp has please wait for system event notification message due to telemetry

3. работает служба уведомления о системных событиях rdp

4. windows 10 remote desktop trouble host has closed the session reconnect?