Windows 10: Can't Logon to Computer

Discus and support Can't Logon to Computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I switched to a backup computer after my current one died. It was bringing up two user accounts, one of which I do not know what it is, and apparently... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by msudave, Sep 13, 2016.

1. msudave Win User

Can't Logon to Computer

I switched to a backup computer after my current one died. It was bringing up two user accounts, one of which I do not know what it is, and apparently it was trying to log into that one first, as it was in the box and it said the password which I had not entered, was incorrect. I believe I changed the account to my Microsoft Account and entered the password, I got in. However I don't like seeing that second account on there with the computer trying to boot up into it first so I tried to get rid of it. That account did not show up in my user accounts list, but google found a way to see all the other accounts via cmd prompt. In an attempt to get rid of it, I clicked "disable" on the account I did not recognize. This was not the administrator account. Upon reboot, both accounts still show up on the screen but now neither will let me in. It still tries to use the account I don't recognize and tells me the password entered is wrong, despite me not entering a password. Using my Microsoft Account, it now says the password is incorrect. However, I can still get into that account with the current password on my laptop. Trying to dig into this, the option to change the password comes up, but since I have the laptop automatically boot up without entering the password, I don't want to mess that up and not have any access. Actually, I guess that means I have it set up to boot without a password and changing it supposedly won't affect it...is that correct? Do you thing changing the password as it suggests will fix it? I don't understand how it supposedly got changed to begin with. Does checking the disabled box somehow change it? Anyone know how to get me out of this mess? Thanks for any help.

:)

msudave, Sep 13, 2016
  2. prozapvq Win User

Can't Logon Computer

Hi I had this prob to. Spoke to alot of smart people ?? Best fix is the one i found. It is all you need and it WORKS! PS you will need a torrent copy or a retail win10 . borrow one or have some one burn you a copy. Copy and paste this vid on a other comp
    .Watch a few times till you get it. Then work on yours. This works for sure!! Have fun.

prozapvq, Sep 13, 2016
  3. SidneyEly Win User
    Can't Logon Computer

After several weeks of using W10, yesterday it did not recognize the password I always used just like you described. I have talked twice to Microsoft techs with no solution....................and actually very little understanding of the problem. The
    only solution I was given was to reinstall W10..................but if I can't get into my computer, how do I reinstall??

SidneyEly, Sep 13, 2016
  4. toolman59 Win User

Can't Logon to Computer

I had a similar problem recently and system restore cured my problem.

toolman59, Sep 13, 2016
  5. msudave Win User
    Unfortunately it won't let me do that as I can't get logged in as an Administrator. It says my password is wrong. However, I just added another user on my laptop and it asked for my password and it accepted it. Can a password somehow be changed on one computer and not the other?

msudave, Sep 13, 2016
  6. toolman59 Win User
    toolman59, Sep 13, 2016
  7. Vesao Win User
    Or use the sticky keys backdoor to reset your password. Please check this detailed tutorial:
    Reset Lost Windows 10 Password with Sticky Keys Method | Password Recovery

This trick seems to work with Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista.
    About five years ago I ever used this way to reset a lost win7 password.
    You can also use free password recovery software likes Ophcrack, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor.

Vesao, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Logon to Computer

1. Can't Logon to Computer - Similar Threads - Can't Logon Computer

2. I can't logon to computer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't logon to computer on network: I have a computer that is visible on the network. I logon to it using a 4 digit pin.On another computer it asks me for a password. The 4 digit pin does not work and neither does any other password I used in the past.How do I log on to the first computer from the second when...
  3. I can't logon to computer on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't logon to computer on network: I have a computer that is visible on the network. I logon to it using a 4 digit pin.On another computer it asks me for a password. The 4 digit pin does not work and neither does any other password I used in the past.How do I log on to the first computer from the second when...
  4. I can't logon to computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  6. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  7. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. cannot logon computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot logon computer: HPPC Win 10 system, cannot logon, message= pin not available use password, forgot password and do not have recovery drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-logon-computer/2b8004e0-0a29-4b22-ae36-2a81f64aa53e
  9. Computer logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer logon screen: My screen keeps getting changed with different photos about on a weekly basis. With comments and questions from Microsoft, such as "Looks like the stairway into Mordor..." and the photo is of an escalator into a subway system in Europe. I'm asked if I like it or not and it...
  10. Can't logon to Amazon

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't logon to Amazon: As title says any attempt to reach Amazon goes out into La-La Land and then times out. This happens both with Firefox and Chrome browsers. Other sites seem to be OK. So far I've disabled my firewall (ZoneAlarm), Norton AV, checked my Host File which has no entries and still...