Windows 10: can't logon to yahoo mail account

Discus and support can't logon to yahoo mail account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; keep getting an error message that something went wrong, trying to login to my yahoo account on my desktop computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by frcm08, Sep 14, 2019.

1. frcm08 Win User

can't logon to yahoo mail account

keep getting an error message that something went wrong, trying to login to my yahoo account on my desktop computer

:)

frcm08, Sep 14, 2019

2. Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Sep 25, 2019
  4. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

can't logon to yahoo mail account [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. can't logon to yahoo mail account - Similar Threads - can't logon yahoo

2. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Linking Yahoo Account to Mail

Linking Yahoo Account to Mail: Hello, I just bought a new Dell computer after having an Macbook and I am attempting to link my yahoo account onto the microsoft mail app. My gmail linked perfectly but every time I attempt to add yahoo, I get an error code 0x8019019a and a message that says "Something...
  5. yahoo mail

yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  6. Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  7. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  8. Still Can't Use Multiple Yahoo Accounts In Mail App?

Still Can't Use Multiple Yahoo Accounts In Mail App?: I have multiple email addresses that I manage. Some of them are my own (professional, personal, etc.) and some of them are for family members I take care of/assist. Due to this I have multiple email addresses from Yahoo that I need to have synced to my mail app. It seems...
  9. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832
  10. Yahoo account won't receive mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo account won't receive mail: I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC. I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them. I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to...