Windows 10: can't mage to move a compressed file from my hard drive to a usb drive did ever tutorial on...

Discus and support can't mage to move a compressed file from my hard drive to a usb drive did ever tutorial on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/helplzhescoeming [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/helplzhescoeming, Jun 6, 2022.

1. can't mage to move a compressed file from my hard drive to a usb drive did ever tutorial on...

/u/helplzhescoeming, Jun 6, 2022

2. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Jun 6, 2022
  3. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 6, 2022
  4. tony999UC Win User

can't mage to move a compressed file from my hard drive to a usb drive did ever tutorial on...

Hard drive compression

How can I tell if my hard drive is compressed. It was compressed before Windows crashed. Everything was deleted when Windows recovery restored

Windows 10. Now, I cannot tell if it is still compressed. Every article I've read tells me how to COMPRESS the drive. A little help. please.

tony999UC, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

can't mage to move a compressed file from my hard drive to a usb drive did ever tutorial on...

1. can't mage to move a compressed file from my hard drive to a usb drive did ever tutorial on... - Similar Threads - can't mage move

2. Can't access hard-drive to move my files safely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access hard-drive to move my files safely: Yesterday I was able to hook up my hard-drive to an external case so I could transfer the files but I had a "could not move files" error so I repaired the drive and by the time it was done I went to bed. Today I went back and hooked up the hard-drive only for it to tell me...
  3. Can't access hard-drive to move my files safely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access hard-drive to move my files safely: Yesterday I was able to hook up my hard-drive to an external case so I could transfer the files but I had a "could not move files" error so I repaired the drive and by the time it was done I went to bed. Today I went back and hooked up the hard-drive only for it to tell me...
  4. Can't access hard-drive to move my files safely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. moving one drive vs compressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving one drive vs compressing: i am running out of space on my hard drive. can i move the onedrive app to an external hard drive and have it still run or can i compress it to save space? Which would be better in terms of saving space?...
  6. moving one drive vs compressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving one drive vs compressing: i am running out of space on my hard drive. can i move the onedrive app to an external hard drive and have it still run or can i compress it to save space? Which would be better in terms of saving space?...
  7. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  8. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  9. Hard drive move

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive move: Haven't seen this question yet. I have an Intel NUC-7. A lightning strike killed this computer and every electronic device in my office. I desire to replace the NUC-7 with a NUC-10 barebones. The 500GB SSD, spinning 2TB HD and the 32GB RAM may have survived. I can move these...
  10. Move files to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move files to an external hard drive: i want to move pictured from my computers hard drive to an external hard drive via a usb port. When I right click and copy and go to past... I cant find the usc hard drive option to past to? thanks...