Windows 10: Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files

Discus and support Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to make Adobe Digital Editions the default app to open .acsm files, to allow reading of downloaded ebooks from the university collection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin the Librarian, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files

I am trying to make Adobe Digital Editions the default app to open .acsm files, to allow reading of downloaded ebooks from the university collection. When I got to Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Choose Default apps by File Type and go down to .acsm, it says "there is no installed app for this type of file or protocol."

I definitely have Adobe Digital Editions installed- it is in the computer's program files with all of the other Adobe products. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled ADE 4+ times.

What can I do to get the computer to recognize this app? I have installed it, and used Adobe Digital Editions on other computers in the library. My own desk computer, however, is a no go.

:)

Kevin the Librarian, Apr 23, 2019

2. Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files

I am trying to make Adobe Digital Editions the default app to open .acsm files, to allow reading of downloaded ebooks from the university collection. When I got to Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Choose Default apps by File Type and go down to .acsm, it says
    "there is no installed app for this type of file or protocol."

I definitely have Adobe Digital Editions installed- it is in the computer's program files with all of the other Adobe products. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled ADE 4+ times.

What can I do to get the computer to recognize this app? I have installed it, and used Adobe Digital Editions on other computers in the library. My own desk computer, however, is a no go.

Kevin the Librarian, Jun 28, 2019
  3. ADE cannot be set as the default program for acsm files

Hi Siggrub,

What happens when you're trying to Set Adobe Digital Editions as the default program for .acsm files? Are you getting an error message? In the meantime, try to set the default program for .acsm files by using this method:

1. Right-click on an .acsm file and select Properties.
    2. Under the General tab, set the default program by clicking
      Change
    3. If Adobe Digital Editions is not on the list, click on More apps, then
      Look for another app on this PC.
    4. Locate and select Adobe Digital Editions.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files

.acsm files to digital edition

Hi Paul,

How are you trying to set it as default? Which version of Windows 10 are you using? To check, type
    winver on the search bar, then press the Enter key. If you're using Windows 10 1709, kindly follow these steps to set a default app for your ACSM file:

• Type settings on the search bar.
    • Click on Settings, then click on Apps.
    • On the left panel, click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, then click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for .acsm, click on Choose a default or the currently selected default app for it, then select the app that you want to use instead.
    • Close the window.

If those steps do not resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps that were provided by
    Yowa N last May 13, 2016 in this thread instead:

Default programme to open file type ACSM

Kindly get back to us with the information that we asked for, once you've tried the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files

1. Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files - Similar Threads - Can't Adobe Digital

2. Adobe Digital Edition for Windows not on MS store!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adobe Digital Edition for Windows not on MS store!: I am trying to download an E-book for my Kaplan NCLEX test prep. It come in ACSN format and REQIRES me to have Adobe Digital Edition to open the file that will download the book (the .acsn file itself is not the book, but a file that tells ADE to install the book). but when I...
  3. ACSM file problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ACSM file problem: I want to change the default app for ACSM files to Adobe Digital Editions but this option is not provided In Windows 10 the only default app shown is Adobe Acrobat (or get an app from the store - but I can't find ADE there). Suggestions please!...
  4. Cannot run Adobe Digital Editions on Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot run Adobe Digital Editions on Windows10: I cannot launch Adobe Digital Editions on my Windows 10 computer at all. The remedies all over the internet I tried included: moving and deleting folder, fixing install, reinstall, install to a non-standard place, but after launch application invariably stops at once, without...
  5. Adobe Digital Editions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Digital Editions: I have two identical ACER desktops running the same version of Windows 10 with the same latest updates. On one desktop, ADE would not open, no matter how I tried. Multiple uninstalls, cold boots, re installs, ADE 4.5.10 would not open. On the second desktop, ADE 4.5.10...
  6. Adobe digital editions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe digital editions: Once again the latest download from MS has caused my Adobe Digital Editions to stop allowing my ereader from opening library books. Latest download was Version 1809 x 64 - KB4489899. Library books can be downloaded to the adobe and then downloaded to the kobo ereader but...
  7. Problem with Adobe Digital Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with Adobe Digital Edition: I always have problems with Adobe Digital Edition because it freezes or sometimes doesn’t want to download properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-adobe-digital-edition/0bd8381d-5b48-413c-a902-132e47505233"
  8. Adobe Digital Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Digital Edition: ADE has been a long standing problem. This time it doesn't even download properly. When can we hope for a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-digital-edition/1e1fb809-e7b7-4a93-bf66-093b001e62b9
  9. ACSM files

in Windows 10 Customization
    ACSM files: I have downloaded adobe digital editions 4.5 but it does not show up on the tool bar and I can not select it as a default app for opening ACSM files. how do I correct this?...
  10. Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.: There is no problem with 4.0.3. However after I click the Digital Edition 4.5.4 shortcut, the mouse cursor become a loading blue circle for a while, and nothing happen. My OS is Windows 10 creator update 15063.138. Will next Windows update solve this problem? 82604

Users found this page by searching for:

1. et adobe digital editions as default

2. how to set adobe digital editions as default

3. acsm default with windows 10

4. how to make adobe digital editions default