Windows 10: Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection.

Discus and support Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Sometmes when I go outside to play LAN games with my friends I like to use a hotspot. But it seems not always possible as I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlbertSebastian, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection.

Hi,

Sometmes when I go outside to play LAN games with my friends I like to use a hotspot.

But it seems not always possible as I don't constantly have an internet connection.

I can't use the netsh wlan start hostednetwork command as it shows that my Wi-Fi card doesn't support it but can still host a hotspot via the network settings. Same issue in my brother’s laptop.

The netsh wlan start hostednetwork used to work on Windows 10 Build 1511 a long time ago.
    Currently I use Connectify Hotspot but it doesn’t let me put more customisable names(requires paid version). No other hotspot app works on my PC.
    I said them to add the feature of hotspot without internet in the feedback hub twice few years ago but no changes or replies from the Microsoft team.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes.

:)

AlbertSebastian, Feb 10, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, Feb 10, 2019
  3. internet connection

When I connect to a free wifi hotspot at some public location from my phone, tablet or computer, I usually have to follow the following steps:

• Go to the device's wifi settings (on the phone tap Settings > Wifi),
    • Tap the wifi hotspot you want to connect with
    • When it shows "connected", open up the device's browser,
    • Tap the browser refresh button
    • This usually automatically brings up some kind of hotspot agreement website, Tap through any of the "I agree" statements you see
    • Then the device can use the hotspot's internet connection.

Julie fka profjulie, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection.

Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection. [​IMG]

alligatorcampus, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection.

1. Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection. - Similar Threads - Can't Hotspot connection

2. Hotspot no internet connection for laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotspot no internet connection for laptop: I have problem with my internetPpproblem is eith internet provider but sometimes im forced to connect my laptop to mobile hotspot, and it connects fine and works perfectly then for some reason it said no internet connection for 5 minutes then it conncets again for 10 minutes...
  3. Hotspot no internet connection for laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot no internet connection for laptop: I have problem with my internetPpproblem is eith internet provider but sometimes im forced to connect my laptop to mobile hotspot, and it connects fine and works perfectly then for some reason it said no internet connection for 5 minutes then it conncets again for 10 minutes...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  5. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot: I'll give the basic problem up top and any info I think might possibly be useful later. Also, sorry for not knowing the proper terms etc. I'll try to explain as best I can.The wifi connection for my pc continuously drops, to the point that no web pages load. However, when I...
  6. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot: I'll give the basic problem up top and any info I think might possibly be useful later. Also, sorry for not knowing the proper terms etc. I'll try to explain as best I can.The wifi connection for my pc continuously drops, to the point that no web pages load. However, when I...
  7. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection: So i'm trying to set up the mobile hotpsot functionality on my PC, It is connnected via ehternet and i want to use that stability to create a hotspot in my room, however i cant seem to get an internet connection to be shared, I've created the network and changed the...
  9. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  10. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...