Windows 10: Can't make any changes to my disk management

Discus and support Can't make any changes to my disk management in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gitarthak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/himmgk/cant_make_any_changes_to_my_disk_management/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gitarthak, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Can't make any changes to my disk management

/u/gitarthak, Jun 30, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Can't make any changes to my disk management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 30, 2020
  4. seejp Win User

Can't make any changes to my disk management

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't make any changes to my disk management

1. Can't make any changes to my disk management - Similar Threads - Can't changes disk

2. Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator: I am logged in on my Administrator account on Windows 10, however if I click the ''Run as an Administrator'' option on any program such as Steam.exe I get the error '' Windows Cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  3. Cortana is making my disk space 100% any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana is making my disk space 100% any help?: it's making my disk space constantly 100% any ways to disable/fix this? submitted by /u/StephenPogxqcL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxose7/cortana_is_making_my_disk_space_100_any_help/
  4. I can't make changes on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't make changes on my computer: All of sudden I can't make any windows 10 changes on my computer. Why? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-make-changes-on-my-computer/9e654ca3-0906-4df0-bfae-125e2bdc55dd
  5. Disk Management sees a disk that doesn't exist, any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Management sees a disk that doesn't exist, any fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Silopante [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqot3i/disk_management_sees_a_disk_that_doesnt_exist_any/
  6. Can't Access Disk Management..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Disk Management..: Last Time, it was working fine but now, when i was about to shrink a 1TB partition and make a 1TB partition to my 2TB HDD, this one showed up: [ATTACH] and I was like wait ****?? i havent used the whole 2TB so i want to have another partition for my other stuff ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°...
  7. Apps can't make changes to my device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps can't make changes to my device: I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I now have no access/ capability to allow apps to make changes on my windows 10 laptop. This means I can't download any new software because every time I try to, I'm prompted to allow the app access, which I can no longer do with no...
  8. Microsoft is making changes to how Windows 10 manages disk space

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is making changes to how Windows 10 manages disk space: The next major Windows 10 update ’19H1′ is set to make some important changes to how the operating system manages disk space. In Windows 10 19H1, Microsoft is introducing reserved storage which refers to the storage that is to be used by apps, Windows Update, temporary files,...
  9. Can't make any video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't make any video: I've just downloaded the last version of Microsoft photo but I realized the "create" option doesn't appear on my page. I don't understand why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-any-video/7edb6ab2-1ded-4d95-9d16-5dc53aa6bbb2
  10. Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk: I've tried using the "Create a Recovery Drive" and have tried making my own installation media using the "Media Creation Tool". Both seem to do nothing, just constantly search. The Media Creation Tool stays on the "getting a few things ready" screen for upwards of half an...