Windows 10: Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge

Discus and support Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello & Thanks , Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge . When in Chrome and I click make chrome default , nothing happens . And Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vmars316, Dec 31, 2015.

1. vmars316 Win User

Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge

Hello & Thanks ,

Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge .

When in Chrome and I click make chrome default , nothing happens .
    And Edge won't let go .
    How to fix .

Thanks...Vern

:)

vmars316, Dec 31, 2015

2. Can't set anything to Default Browser!

Hello,

With regard to your issue in setting Microsoft Edge as your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by
    ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP). Click on the link provided below:

Setting a default browser

To assist you in setting Chrome as your default browser, we suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan. Click on the link given below:

Can't set Chrome as default browser in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Long runing scripts what are they how to fix Windows 10

I have the same problem but I can't make Chrome my default browser!

PatPhillips21, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge

Hi, Go to settings, system, default Apps, and select Chrome as default web browser.

thegeriatric, Dec 31, 2015
  5. vmars316 Win User
    Already did that , more than once .
    What next ?
    Thanks

vmars316, Dec 31, 2015
  6. torre Win User
    Had same issue and this worked for me.

Google Groups

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option6

torre, Dec 31, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jan 1, 2016
  8. vmars316 Win User

Torre ;

Ahh... Works for me too !

Thanks..

vmars316, Jan 1, 2016
  9. vmars316 Win User
    vmars316, Jan 1, 2016
  10. egsnyder Win User
    Changing the Default on Control Panel worked for me.

egsnyder, Apr 1, 2016
  11. greg1973 Win User
    That worked for me, Thanks

greg1973, Jun 2, 2016
  12. jnoli Win User
    Why on Gods Earth when asked by Windows 10 to set a default and if it is not what Microsoft wants yopu to enter, they just choose to ignore you. Very BAD user experience and some programmer out there needs to be fired ASAP.

jnoli, Aug 1, 2016
  13. djinnifer Win User

Holy smokes thank you!!! I was having the same issue with this and a few other applications where Windows 10 Clearly didn't want to allow me to use non-Microsoft products.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

djinnifer, Aug 8, 2016
  14. Nashtown Girl, Aug 31, 2016
  15. Couldn't figure it out but I ended up trying to select Microsoft Edge first which worked, then switched to Google Chrome which now it asked me "Are you sure?" which I obviously am so I pressed "switch anyway" and BANG, Google Chrome is now default browser.

Enjoy,

PineSmokes, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge - Similar Threads - Can't Chrome default

2. Why can't I make chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't I make chrome my default browser?: When I go Setting > Default Apps > web browser then click on it only microsoft edge and opera pop up. Do I need to reinstall chrome? Am I being an idiot? please help. submitted by /u/puffydefish [link] [comments]...
  3. Can't set Google Chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set Google Chrome as default browser: Like the title says, I can't set Chrome as my browser. When I go to default apps, Chrome doesn't appear as an option under the browser category. It's also not in the Microsoft app store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still nothing. I've seen threads on this issue with...
  4. I can't make google chrome my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't make google chrome my default browser: [ATTACH] So I set google chrome to be my default browser but whenever I click the "windows" button and search for something, it goes directly to microsoft edge. I am not sure how to fix that....
  5. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  6. How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10

How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10: I am not getting the way to set Chrome as default browser permanently. Just give the steps to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-chrome-default-browser-in-windows-10/90038208-eac7-4935-92a3-9bb0e17f6cc8
  7. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...
  8. how does one make Chrome the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    how does one make Chrome the default browser: I have set Chrome to default browser and all seems to be well apart from one or even to burps. In certain emails, I click on an attachment and it will still open up Microsoft Edge. The question for today is ... how does one stop an attachment file stubbornly opening up Edge...
  9. Make Chrome the default browser in start-search

in Browsers and Email
    Make Chrome the default browser in start-search: How do I make Google Chrome (rather the Edge) as the default search engine when do a Start - search request? 94202
  10. Cannot make Chrome as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Chrome as default browser: I have tried all the suggested methods of setting Chrome as a default browser. When open Chrome, I go through of downloading Chrome and agreeing to terms etc etc and it does not work. The next time I log in with Chrome it asks me to make it a default again. When I go through...