Windows 10: Can't make english as windows interface language

Discus and support Can't make english as windows interface language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ysday i bought notebook with Windows. I have russian language installed by default as windows system language. I also have english and can switch to it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kdobr, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Kdobr Win User

Can't make english as windows interface language

Ysday i bought notebook with Windows. I have russian language installed by default as windows system language. I also have english and can switch to it freely then writing. I can also add any other language - BUT can't install any of them as windows interface language. Windows system in language settings don't offer me any others languages but russian as interface language. How can i install english as system language??

:)

Kdobr, Sep 28, 2019
  2. davidm71 Win User

Microsoft no english language windows for you!

After visiting the official Microsoft software download service and entering my Win 7 ultimate 64 product key I noticed out of the two dozen languages listed English version was missing! anyone else notice this?

Thanks

davidm71, Sep 28, 2019
  3. davidm71 Win User

Wasn't an OEM copy though it was a promotional copy given to me for free. Anyhow don't you think it's odd that every language but English be on the list?!

I was able to download the Hebrew version just fine. Not a big deal to add the English language pack using the Nlite app. Thing is there was a time you could download these iso's from digital river but MS shut that down so now all we have are Torrents which is shady if you ask me.

davidm71, Sep 28, 2019
  4. RejZoR Win User

What I hate more with latest Windows is the stupid localization of apps and features based on your location. Basically, if you want Windows in English and you have currency, date, time and all that crap set for your country (outside UK and US) you'll have half the OS in English and other half (tiles, integrated apps etc) in bloody native language. And this is really pissing me off because it looks horrendously ugly.

I only had language selection issues with Windows 8.1 tablet purchased from Germany. It came pre-configured with German language and due to bug in Windows, I was unable to install English no matter what. I had to hack it using manually downloaded language pack and import it using cmd. It later got fixed by an update, but it was still annoying considering my understanding of German is quite rusty...

Personally, I never bothered getting Windows official way. I always checked torrent sites for "untouched" versions of Windows. Meaning it's an ISO image from 3rd party source that hasn't been pre-cracked or pre-patched in any way. You can also check the hash of downloaded image to be sure (usually found on MSDN pages). I suggest you do it this way. Just grab Win7 64bit Ultimate English from some torrent site and check the hash to be sure it's really unmodified and clean.

RejZoR, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't make english as windows interface language - Similar Threads - Can't english interface

2. I can't download a English language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download a English language pack: I am trying to download a English language pack for my windows LTSC but it is all in Chinese and I keep getting error0x80070002 when I run trouble shoot it is all in Chinese and I can't read it pls help...
  3. I can't download a English language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download a English language pack: I am trying to download a English language pack for my windows LTSC but it is all in Chinese and I keep getting error0x80070002 when I run trouble shoot it is all in Chinese and I can't read it pls help...
  4. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  5. I can't change the Windows display language to English

I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  6. How to make your own Language Interface Pack in Windows 11?

How to make your own Language Interface Pack in Windows 11?: Back when I was still using Windows XP, I often found people making their own version of LIP. This is very useful because at that time Windows did not provide LIP for regional languages in Indonesia. Today, Windows 11 still does not provide LIP for regional languages in...
  7. need to Windows interface language

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to Windows interface language: Hi i have a problem with changing the interface language on my laptop. So as i can see from the system my MS license covers only one interface language and currently it is russian. But i need to switch into english. I can change the input language etc but the interface is...
  8. Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu

Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu: Hi there As you can see on this screenshot, my Windows 10 currently has 4 keyboards installed: french, japanese, english UK and english US. What I want is remove the two english keyboards. However, as you can seehere in the red rectangle, my Language menu has only two...
  9. Can't remove UK English language

Can't remove UK English language: I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it? PowerShell doesn't find UK English [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 - Make current typing language display in English

Windows 10 - Make current typing language display in English: Hello everyone, Windows used to display multiple languages in the language bar in English, ex: EN for English, TH for Thai, RU for Russian ETC. Windows 10 now uses the original language to display, so Thai will be in Thai letters, Russian in Russian letters etc.. I wish...