Windows 10: Can't make external headset mic the default microphone instead of internal microphone.

Discus and support Can't make external headset mic the default microphone instead of internal microphone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an Inspiron 14 5000 2-in-1 laptop, and when connecting my headset, the audio switched from internal speakers to the headset, but the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sidsi, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Sidsi Win User

Can't make external headset mic the default microphone instead of internal microphone.

I have an Inspiron 14 5000 2-in-1 laptop, and when connecting my headset, the audio switched from internal speakers to the headset, but the microphone doesn't swap. I've tried other headsets and have the same issue. Any tips? Can't make external headset mic the default microphone instead of internal microphone. 44d52e28-e4f9-4565-a4a6-738511d95830?upload=true.png

:)

Sidsi, Nov 25, 2020

2. Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

I have been over EVERY THREAD about using external microphones on Windows Phone 10 and NONE have answered the question. I know my headset/microphone combo is compatible with the phone because I make and receive calls using it. The phone recognizes the mic
    just fine.

But the camera app does not, and there doesn't appear to be a setting/option for selecting an external microphone. This is ridiculous. If the phone recognizes and defaults to the external mic when the headset/mic combo is plugged in, why doesn't the camera
    app? Or, why no option for selecting which mic you want to use? This is so basic an oversight in software/ UI functionality it's laughable.

Or is there a hidden setting/option somewhere I am missing? How about a third party app that has this functionality?

Device is Alcatel Idol 4S, Win Phone 10

AttilaLendvai, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Can't make external headset mic the default microphone instead of internal microphone. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Can't make external headset mic the default microphone instead of internal microphone.

laptop not detecting headset microphone

I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but
    my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone.

I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none.
    I've re-installed my Realtek HD Audio driver.

But nothing seems to work.

What should I do to fix this?

ZuvoTheBest, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't make external headset mic the default microphone instead of internal microphone.

1. Can't make external headset mic the default microphone instead of internal microphone. - Similar Threads - Can't external headset

2. external and internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external and internal microphone not working: what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked. what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked...
  3. external and internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external and internal microphone not working: what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked. what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked...
  4. My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.: So I recently got a new monitor, so I had to plug everything in. The camera I got with it apparently had a microphone and it set itself as my default microphone device. My headset mic isn't getting detected and I can only speak when my camera is connected to my monitor. I...
  5. My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.: So I recently got a new monitor, so I had to plug everything in. The camera I got with it apparently had a microphone and it set itself as my default microphone device. My headset mic isn't getting detected and I can only speak when my camera is connected to my monitor. I...
  6. My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to use headset Microphone Instead of laptop built In Mic

How to use headset Microphone Instead of laptop built In Mic: Hi, I have a Acer Aspire 5 A514-52K, Recently I got a headset that uses 3.5 mm Jack I plugged my headset in and It asked " What device did you plug In" I accidently clicked on headphones Instead of "headset" , For months I thought my mic on my headset was working In good...
  8. Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

Internal and External Microphone Not Detected: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being detected. All drivers are fully updated using the Dell SupportAssist app. I've attached a screenshot to describe this issue....
  9. Headset microphone muted by default

Headset microphone muted by default: Hello, I have the "Tronsmart Spunky beat" Bluetooth earphones, which have a mic and can be used as a headset. Whenever I connect them, the mic appears muted by default, and I have to go to the settings and unmute it so I can use it. This is what it looks like after...
  10. Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem

Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem: my headset microphone,specifically a logitech G431,was running fine till one day,it suddenly switched to my default laptop mic.At the time I had no clue what was going on,as I couldnt remember what i did wrong.Time passes and eventually I did something and it was fixed,and...