Windows 10: cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game

Discus and support cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've turned it off in settings, uninstalled the Xbox app. most of the regedit guides I see are looking for xbgm which I don't have and I've seen others... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pandadog423, Jul 3, 2020.

1. cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game

/u/pandadog423, Jul 3, 2020
  2. TK_GAMER Win User

GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading?

XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it from loading windows services.

XBOX gamebar still loads every time, takes up resources, and I have a very noticeable lag in input.

XBOX gamebar is not uninstallable for myself. Not an available option, though I see the button (more grayed out without ability to click).

Input lag is so noticeable in-game that the input lag lets me know when I forgot to end the process.

Why does Microsoft make it not possible to disable the feature when I do not own an XBOX, will never use Game Pass, and hurts my ability to use the computer without declined performance?

WHY DOES MICROSOFT NOT ADDRESS THE GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER LOADING ISSUE THAT HAS POSTS AS FAR BACK AS 2017?

Can anyone tell me a solution, other than end the process every time?

Can anyone tell me the location of XBOX gamebar files and ramification of deleting it manually (if not protected by windows)?

MICROSOFT SOLUTION OF DISABLING GAMEBAR SETTINGS IN WINDOWS DOES NOT WORK.

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVICES DISABLING XBOX LIVE SETTINGS DOES NOT WORK.

MICROSOFT SOLUTION OF ENDING THE PROCESS EVERY TIME I LOAD THE GAME IS ANNOYING.

TK_GAMER, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jul 3, 2020
  4. cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game

GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it?

Hi wBoop and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.

Select Task Manager.

Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

Launch the Xbox app, and then go to Settings Image.

Click Game DVR.

Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Joseph Y. Marquez, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game

1. cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game - Similar Threads - cant gamebar presence

2. Cant launch xbox gamepass games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant launch xbox gamepass games: Specifically flight simulator get this error right after its installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-xbox-gamepass-games/fb0673d9-b045-4d1b-9668-77698a4a5f68
  3. Cant launch xbox gamepass games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant launch xbox gamepass games: Specifically flight simulator get this error right after its installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-xbox-gamepass-games/fb0673d9-b045-4d1b-9668-77698a4a5f68
  4. I cant launch any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant launch any games: When ever I try to launch a game I get this error message C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Innersloth.AmongUs_2023.7.122.0_x64__fw5x688tam7rm\GameLaunchHelper.exeFile System Error -2015294512. It happens for every game I download I cant get a single game to play....
  5. I cant launch any games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant launch any games: When ever I try to launch a game I get this error message C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Innersloth.AmongUs_2023.7.122.0_x64__fw5x688tam7rm\GameLaunchHelper.exeFile System Error -2015294512. It happens for every game I download I cant get a single game to play....
  6. Cant launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant launch: i cant launch this app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch/be898ab5-1c4f-4aa2-8266-cad1e468271e
  7. How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer): [ATTACH] Trying to get rid of GameBarPresenceWriter.exe because it's crippling my FPS in game. When I End Task, my gaming performance doubles (literally) but the .exe loads back up every game. How do I get rid of it?...
  8. Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!: Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while Game bar/DVR is disabled?! It is disabled in setting along game mode, with verything in that category... I don't have xbox app, xbox services are off. In regedit Game bar/DVR disabled in all these locations:...
  9. GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER: How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading? XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it from loading windows services. XBOX gamebar still loads every time, takes up resources, and I have a very noticeable lag in...
  10. Google Launches Website for Android’s Enterprise Presence

in Windows 10 News
    Google Launches Website for Android’s Enterprise Presence: Source ADlMHFdmXKU Maybe companies will switch over from xp to Android soon *Smile We already know how flexible Android is, mainly because the base platform is open source. This means it can be adapted for a wide number of different use cases and one of those is...