Windows 10: Can't make secure connections with virtualBox in windows 10

Discus and support Can't make secure connections with virtualBox in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed Oracle's virtualbox on a windows 10 machine. I'd like to download software to it like adobe reader. I can't. I can start up internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by memo, Dec 23, 2015.

1. memo Win User

Can't make secure connections with virtualBox in windows 10

I installed Oracle's virtualbox on a windows 10 machine. I'd like to download software to it like adobe reader. I can't. I can start up internet explorer and connect to the web and if I click on links it goes to those links. If I try to go to google.com I get a message that it can't make a secure connection. I tried downloading adobe acrobat in windows 10 and transferring it with a shared folder to the virtual machine. I was able to transfer to the virtual machine but when I tried running it, it tried to connect to the web and could not. This looks to me like a security problem because the browser can connect to some sites in the virtual machine and only complained when they were secure sites. Is there some security setting in windows 10 that could be blocking virtualbox from connecting to secure sites?

:)

2. Problem accessing shared folder in VirtualBox (Host is Mac OSX. Guest is Windows 10)

I have been running Windows 10 in VirtualBox and accessing files across OS's via a shared folder.

Windows updated this morning and now I've lost access to the shared folder.

I've removed the folder from the VirtualBox Shared Folder list (Windows is booted up). Have re-added the folder (Automount and Make Permanent set). I've restarted a number of times. No impact.

Tried re-installing VirtualBox Guest Additions. This fails with "No device Ids found ...unknown error (0xE0000301)".

Have re-downloaded VirtualBox and re-installed. Still no share and still can't install guest additions.

Can anyone help?

IstvanJobst, Dec 23, 2015
  3. NM-NM Win User
    Cannot reserve Windows 10 upgrade from virtualized Win7 SP1 environment

I have the same problem, I cannot reserve my windows 10 upgrade because it gives me an error with the video driver "VirtualBox Graphic Adapter" (it complains that the manufacturer did not make it compliant with Windows 10).

Installing or running the tool is not an issue.

I am running Windows 7 SP1 on VirtualBox 5.0.0.

NM-NM, Dec 23, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Is the date/time correct on your VM?

5. memo Win User
    Yes. I'm running xp in the virtual box and it's date and time are correct and match the windows 10 date and time.

6. lx07 Win User
    Are you using bridged or NAT networking? I set up networking as bridged in virtualbox and my (Windows 8 and 10) guests worked without doing anything in 10.

7. memo Win User
    Bridged didn't solve the problem.

memo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't make secure connections with virtualBox in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't secure connections

2. I can't install windows 10 because of VirtualBox.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install windows 10 because of VirtualBox.: Hi everyone I'm having a problem while trying to install the windows 10 setup. I have read a few questions/discussions in this website about this problem but I still have no idea how do I get rid of the app,and I also know that there are some programs that may use VirtualBox...
  3. How to make VirtualBox VM full screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to make VirtualBox VM full screen in Windows 10: If you have installed an operating system on VirtualBox, you might have faced an issue where the VirtualBox screen is too small. In this post, we will show you how to make the VirtualBox VM full screen in Windows 10. By default, VirtualBox displays the installed operating...
  4. Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware: i have problem with virtualbox and vmware in windows 10, i installed virtualbox with ansible setup so when i enter ifconfig it doesn't show IP address that i can connect with putty or MobXterm i want to connect three different IPs in virtualbox using putty and MobXterm but my...
  5. Is VirtualBox secure?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is VirtualBox secure?: Is VirtualBox safe so a virus from the Windows 10 virtual machine can break out to my Windows 10 host machine or attack or spy on other things like other devices on the network? Ist VirtualBox sicher?
  6. Can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect securely to this page: Please advise how do I resolve this message . This comes up many times whilst trying to access websites. Even from well known trusted sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-securely-to-this-page/24710357-384f-422d-9677-041c9be655f2
  7. Can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect securely to this page: I've trying to get on this page but I keep getting this message. "Cant connect securely to this page" This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website's owner. Please let me know how I can...
  8. can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't connect securely to this page: What to do when computer says can't connect securely to this page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-securely-to-this-page/63c059cc-1207-4595-82aa-fd53696dbc84
  9. can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't connect securely to this page: How do I fix this problem? "I can't connect securely to this page" pops up after about 15 minutes and I am then unable to access my emails...
  10. Windows 10 on VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 on VirtualBox: I have installed my retail copy of Windows 10 on my main desktop. But before I did this I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 and then converted the install.esd file into an iso. How can I activate this virtualbox copy? I thought it would have accepted the key from Windows...