Windows 10: Can't make Windows 10 PC enter BIOS when restarting

Discus and support Can't make Windows 10 PC enter BIOS when restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to test my bootable USB Media. I am trying to restart my Win 10 PC from a bootable USB media, but I can't make the PC stop at the BIOS to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arkayem47, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Arkayem47 Win User

Can't make Windows 10 PC enter BIOS when restarting

I want to test my bootable USB Media.

I am trying to restart my Win 10 PC from a bootable USB media, but I can't make the PC stop at the BIOS to select the USB drive.

On start-up, the screen comes up that says hit f12 to go into Boot Options, and I tap f12 repeatedly, but no matter how many times I tap f12, the PC just continues to the normal boot into Windows 10.

:)

Arkayem47, Dec 7, 2019

2. entering Bios settings

Hi Geoff,

To access BIOS settings under Windows 10 operating system, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Update & security, select Recovery then under
      Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, then click
      UEFI Firmware Settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2019
  4. joe42 Win User

Blank screen when entering BIOS, but Windows Boots fine on ASUS CH7

Hello,

I wanted to check the bios settings and I have suddenly found out, that when I press DEL to enter BIOS, the display is blank. Monitor is On, it has signal, but with blank black screen. Computer starts normally, beeps, displays the AMI initial screen and normally boots into Windows. If I press DEL however, instead of going to BIOS, I get blank screen.

Baseline:
    • AMD Ryzen 2700X / ASUS Crosshair 7 WIFI
    • BIOS 2008
    • Windows 10 PRO 1809

Troubleshooting done:
    • Monitor to any other display output (only this one is on, others are off)
    • Different VGA
    • BIOS reset - did not help, although it was reset. I got message that BIOS was reset, press F1 to enter bios, but then - the same issue.
    • BIOS Flashback update - After pressing the button, it blinks 3 times, then turns on, which should be OK. BUt nothing is happening - the led on USB stick does not blink. Whan I interrupt, the PC works as before.
    • EZ Update in Windows - after submitting to update the bios, it restarts, but then enters the BIOS, which is - blank. After restart, all works as before (with black BIOS)
    • Entering BIOS from Windows (Shift-Restart) does have the same effect

I am out of ideas now - the PC works, just can't get into BIOS to change anything. Of course, now, I have the default settings loaded because of few BIOS resets.

Interesting is, that when in BIOS, I am getting 0d on the postcode - changes to this after entering the BIOS. In the manual, this value should be reserved for future AMI BIOS errors.

Any hints?

joe42, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't make Windows 10 PC enter BIOS when restarting - Similar Threads - Can't enter BIOS

2. Windows enters BIOS everytime

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows enters BIOS everytime: Everytime I start my laptop, it enters into BIOS. I have to click something (which I forgot) to open Windows usually. EDIT: Right now, I updated Windows from Check Updates and set to reboot. It has been 30 mins already and it is still rebooting. Only now after 30 mins, the...
  3. Windows 10 restart pc keep enter BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restart pc keep enter BIOS settings: I bought a new pc, i run windows update, after start up the PC automatically enter BIOS settings in each start up. But after I complete all the windows update, the issue fixed. Can I know the reason?...
  4. Windows 10 restart pc keep enter BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restart pc keep enter BIOS settings: I bought a new pc, i run windows update, after start up the PC automatically enter BIOS settings in each start up. But after I complete all the windows update, the issue fixed. Can I know the reason?...
  5. Windows 10 restart pc keep enter BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PC will not enter BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will not enter BIOS: I cannot access bios or boot from a USB for some reason, it just goes straight to the login screen. When I press the hotkey to enter BIOS, my PC does not turn on. When I press the hotkey to enter the boot menu it also does not turn on. I have tried the shift-restart and edit...
  7. Can't enter BIOS after installing Windows 10 Pro

Can't enter BIOS after installing Windows 10 Pro: After years of hype about how wonderful Windows 10 is supposed to be, I bit the bullet at the weekend after my Windows 7 Ultimate installation started to constantly refresh the screen with no apparent solution after days of trying to find out what was going on. I installed...
  8. Can't enter bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enter bios: Windows 10 with wireless mouse and keyboard and HCl motherboard. Unable to enter bios mode as pc starts directly from blue windows screen. How to enter the bios? I.e. removing any hardware, already tried cmos. submitted by /u/CJ__47 [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10

Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10: I've gone through several help sections to try to open up BIOS in Window 10 - and some the answer here are so unhelpful. Is there a simple way to open in BIOS mode to update my BIOS? It from 2012 and I have having some issues with the computer. Or it is just tough...
  10. Can't enter BIOS after drive compression

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enter BIOS after drive compression: So I decided to compress everything on my main drive which was a horrible idea. [ATTACH] Now I can't enter my BIOS anymore. I tried: Pressing keys on startup Running shutdown /s /fw in cmd but I get this error Boot to firmware UI is not supported by this system's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant enter bios