Windows 10: Can't make windows re-authorize the NAS account log-on

Discus and support Can't make windows re-authorize the NAS account log-on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a synology NAS and it works fine. I was doing work in my home office to take the desktop out and give it a much needed makeover. While I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by obieephyhm, May 4, 2021.

1. Can't make windows re-authorize the NAS account log-on

I have a synology NAS and it works fine. I was doing work in my home office to take the desktop out and give it a much needed makeover. While I was taking the NAS off line, it needed a OS patch and when that was done it wanted me to disable the default admin account because it is a security risk. Fine. Did it and went on about my business. My Win10pro laptop cannot access the NAS now because when I set it up a couple of months ago, I just used that default account to allow me to map a few drives so I can stream music and vids in the evening. It sees the disabled account and won't let me put in the new account info so the two can work and play together nicely as they did before. How do I make my laptop reauthorize the NAS with different account info? - - - Updated - - - I found the solution to the problem. If I knew how to delete the first post, I would have just removed it.

:)

obieephyhm, May 4, 2021
  2. KrisTurp Win User

Authorization error when mapping NAS drive from new Windows 10 laptop

Hi!

Not so tech-savvy user here, with problems establishing a mapped connection from my Windows 10 laptop to my Buffalo LinkStation NAS drive.

The error message I get: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred:
    The account is not authorized to log in from this station."

Notes:

• I CANNOT connect/map it from my Windows 10 work laptop (probably has plenty of additional workplace-installed security stuff, and access restrictions that I can't override)
      • It doesn't work through the "NAS Navigator" that I downloaded - it sees the drive, but won't let me explore it.
      • It doesn't work when mapping through File Explorer
        • I am never asked for a username/password
      • I AM able to access the NAS settings by accessing it via its static IP address
      • I CANNOT even access it from the cloud via WebAccess, which works on my phones, on my friends' computers, etc.
    • I CAN connect/map it from my other laptops (including my previous Windows 7 work laptop, with probably the same security stuff and access restrictions, and also my own personal Windows Vista machine)
      • I do not need to connect with a username/password
    What I've tried:

• Rebooting the NAS
    • Rebooting the laptop
    • Disabling Windows Firewall on the laptop
    • Enabling SMB on the NAS and the laptop
    • Enabling SMB2 on the NAS and the laptop and rebooting
    • Creating a a DWORD value called 'AllowInsecureGuestAuth' in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters and setting the value to 1.

see here
      - note, I really probably shouldn't be playing with registry values, being that I don't know what I'm doing!
    • I think I tried a few other things... can't remember them all.
    Anyone wanna lend a hand in solving this mystery?

KrisTurp, May 5, 2021
  3. Can't make windows re-authorize the NAS account log-on

I have a synology NAS and it works fine. I was doing work in my home office to take the desktop out and give it a much needed makeover. While I was taking the NAS off line, it needed a OS patch and when that was done it wanted me to disable the default admin account because it is a security risk. Fine. Did it and went on about my business.

My Win10pro laptop cannot access the NAS now because when I set it up a couple of months ago, I just used that default account to allow me to map a few drives so I can stream music and vids in the evening. It sees the disabled account and won't let me put in the new account info so the two can work and play together nicely as they did before.

How do I make my laptop reauthorize the NAS with different account info?

- - - Updated - - -

I found the solution to the problem. If I knew how to delete the first post, I would have just removed it.

obieephyhm, May 5, 2021
  4. neubert Win User

Can't make windows re-authorize the NAS account log-on

SMB: The account is not authorized to log in from this station

When I try to visit \\192.168.1.x on one of my computers I get the following error:

At first I thought it might be because the SMB server had hit the limit of concurrent connections but netstat just shows one "active connection".

Problem: The account is not authorized to login from this station suggests setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters\enablesecuritysignature to 0 but it's already 0 and I'm still getting the error.

The laptop I'm trying to connect from (Windows 10) is one I use on multiple different networks FWIW. I use it at my job and I use it at my house. I'm also able to open the SMB share from other computers on my LAN (again Windows 10) - just not this dual use laptop.

The server is running Windows 7. The username on the laptop does not exist on the server but I wouldn't expect that to make a difference - what I'd expect to happen in this scenario is that the laptop would prompt me for a username / password that the server would accept but it's not doing that.

Any ideas?

neubert, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Can't make windows re-authorize the NAS account log-on

1. Can't make windows re-authorize the NAS account log-on - Similar Threads - Can't authorize NAS

2. UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in..: Judge with AuthUserName=*******@***** does not exist, In brief see "the attached screenshot below" showing my trying to sing in "UHRS prod" by "my existing live outlook.sa" noted to be dissmissed and failed, What can I do? Please help....
  3. UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in..: Judge with AuthUserName=*******@***** does not exist, In brief see "the attached screenshot below" showing my trying to sing in "UHRS prod" by "my existing live outlook.sa" noted to be dissmissed and failed, What can I do? Please help....
  4. UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with...

UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with...: UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*******@***** does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uhrs-account-not-authorized-failed-attempt-to-log/d0b50ad6-62db-4dd0-bffb-60ea02fc38dd
  5. UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with...: UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*******@***** does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uhrs-account-not-authorized-failed-attempt-to-log/d0b50ad6-62db-4dd0-bffb-60ea02fc38dd
  6. Can't log into account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into account: After working well for years, suddenly after I logged into my acount I got thrown out after just a few seconds. I was sent back to the start/ log in page and have been receivung the following messeage ever since: "You can't sign in with this account. Try a different account"I...
  7. Can't log into account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into account: After working well for years, suddenly after I logged into my acount I got thrown out after just a few seconds. I was sent back to the start/ log in page and have been receivung the following messeage ever since: "You can't sign in with this account. Try a different account"I...
  8. UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with...: Dear community, please I need hel with this issue, I have tried many things but still not able to access the UHRS acount. But this message keeps poping up:Account not authorizedFailed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*** Email address is removed for privacy *** does...
  9. UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with...

UHRS: Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with...: Dear community, please I need hel with this issue, I have tried many things but still not able to access the UHRS acount. But this message keeps poping up:Account not authorizedFailed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*** Email address is removed for privacy *** does...
  10. Logged into Another Guys Account, Can't Make Another.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logged into Another Guys Account, Can't Make Another.: Recently, I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer. I pulled my windows 10 usb out, and reinstalled it. When it finished, I was logged into a guy's account (I'll call him Pablo, for his privacy). I would make another account, but Pablo isn't an administrator, and the only...