Windows 10: Can't manage address books

Discus and support Can't manage address books in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would appreciate help in managing my contacts or addressbooks in Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365, and I use Outlook on my desktop PC. I have a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TrevorJordan3, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Can't manage address books

I would appreciate help in managing my contacts or addressbooks in Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365, and I use Outlook on my desktop PC. I have a long and venerable list of addressesunder the People app, but when I come to write a new email, and I click the “To”button I see just three email addresses under “Contacts This computer only”,which I have recently added: but I can find no other addresses. How do I get the People list of addresses intoOutlook?

:)

TrevorJordan3, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Address book

Hi Cameron,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Is the Address book that you are referring to for your Outlook account?
    • Do you want to receive emails from selected email addresses only?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you’ve done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Florio Win User
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Alicia J Win User

Can't manage address books

How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person.

When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my name-contacts. When you go to the export file section, it is called suggested contacts. If I export this file and open it in excel, it shows names and street addresses with no email address listed. There are also names in the file that are no longer in my address book.

How do I get the address book to export the current list from my address book, and how do I get the excel file to show the email address?

Alicia J, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Can't manage address books

1. Can't manage address books - Similar Threads - Can't manage address

2. Contacts and Address Books

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts and Address Books: Hello,Can someone tell me how I can tell the Windows OS to default to using the Windows Address Book and the Contacts in the Contacts folder? It was working fine until I configured my Office 365 account on Outlook. Now it seems the outlook address book has taken over.My...
  3. address book, mail list manager, data program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    address book, mail list manager, data program: I've been using MY MAIL LIST program to store my customers and contacts. It allows me to filter and sort according to fields that I fill in and give info on various groups in my total list. It's been good for mailing labels, but has never been very good for sending...
  4. address book

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    address book: does windows 10 come with a address book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/b86fdc9a-6a3e-4f96-a35f-5345ac8eb6fb
  5. a decent address book?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a decent address book?: Hi you all, I have a problem with my contacts and their management. All of my contacts are stored in a Gmail account. I tried People -> but I can't see the all the information of the contact through columns, but only by clicking on it. So I can't view people by...
  6. Address Book

Address Book: I can not add contacts to my windows address book that came with the computer. I have around 170 names and addresses. I right click to bring up a menu and add new contact is not there no more and it is not in the tools bar on top. what happened to the add new contact? so i...
  7. address book

address book: How do I go about setting up and address book ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/ace89429-5b53-48bf-b12c-0a7e752d23c4
  8. how to manage my address book on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to manage my address book on windows 10: I am getting more frustrated with each attempt trying to find my address book on Windows 10.. It desperately needs updating. Where or where is it hiding it on my PC? Never had the problem using earlier versions. Some help instructions tell me to use a down arrow in the left...
  9. Address Book

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address Book: when I want to send a new email my address book does not show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/address-book/af94b9f3-010d-413a-b730-3ce5d78267bf
  10. restoring address book

in Browsers and Email
    restoring address book: If I switch from Windows 10 Mail to Windows Live Mail, will that restore direct access to my address book contacts? Or would Thunderbird do it? I'm getting tired of W10 mail's cumbersome process for addressing emails 34091