Windows 10: Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro

Discus and support Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 NAS which work perfectly as mapped drives with XP and Windows 7 computers. Cannot get either NAS recognized using a Win 10 pro machine. Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HopelessUser, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro

I have 2 NAS which work perfectly as mapped drives with XP and Windows 7 computers. Cannot get either NAS recognized using a Win 10 pro machine. Have tried to get SMB1 running and a work around using Functional Discovery Provider Host and Functional Discovery Resource Publication both set to Automatic Delayed Start, but to no avail. Also no list of attached computers which all of the other machines display.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

HopelessUser, Jan 13, 2021
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Password is incorrect on mapped NAS folder

So, as of this week after the latest updates from Windows 10 I no longer can access a NAS mapped folder from both Windows 10 updated machines.

When accessing the mapped folder it states: "password is not correct".

Tried to logon with IP-address, i.e. \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\user or \\NASname\user or \NASname\user or user@NASname: did not work

I already resetted the NAS account: did not work

Redo the mapping: did not work

Set SMBv1 in Features: did not work

Automatically run several services as suggested on the internet: did not work

Set firewall and antivirus software to OFF: did not work

Created a new public share on the NAS with a new account: did not work

Updated the NAS to its latest version: did not work, Note: NAS is Synology DS1815+ with DSM 6.2.1

Used several complex Netsh commands as suggested on the internet: did not work

Set all shared features on ON in Network Services (were already on): did not work

Edited registry-keys as suggested on the internet: did not work

Restored a backup of Windows 10: did not work

So I don't know anymore what to do.

Note that the NAS can be accessed easily via HTTP and via FTP.

Also the media services from the NAS (video, photo and music) are accessed correctly.

So the only problem is with the folder mapping in Windows Explorer.

AlexanderKoymans, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro

NAS

I know how to map a network drive but in the past when I clicked on network all of the PC and my NAS would show in the listing. Now my NAS doesn't show or any of the other PCs on my network show up. I have another Windows 10 Pro desktop that shows itself
    this PC and the NAS. Both machines are up to date as far as updates. I fail to understand why virtually identical machines behave differently with a core Microsoft application.

NormanKirchner, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro

1. Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Can't map NAS

2. Trying to Map NAS But Can't Get Past Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Map NAS But Can't Get Past Windows Security: Hi,As I need to access my MS office files away from home I am trying to map a new Synology DS920+NAS but I keep getting a Windows Security box popup saying Enter network credentials to connect to 192.168 etc. However, when I put my user name and password in I get the error...
  3. Trying to Map NAS But Can't Get Past Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Map NAS But Can't Get Past Windows Security: Hi,As I need to access my MS office files away from home I am trying to map a new Synology DS920+NAS but I keep getting a Windows Security box popup saying Enter network credentials to connect to 192.168 etc. However, when I put my user name and password in I get the error...
  4. Trying to Map NAS But Can't Get Past Windows Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS

Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS: Friends, I have Win10Pro running on a Surface 2 laptop. I am trying to connect to a WDMycloudDL2100 unit which is visible on the network under the Storage section, but is not visible when attempting to map a network drive to any of the shares. Clicking on the icon simply...
  6. Unable to map NAS on router

Unable to map NAS on router: Hello my first post with a problem that should be simple. I am not very network savvy. Two HDDs attached to a TP link Archer C9 router. A newly built desktop running Win 10 Pro v 1909 build 18363.592. My old, now failed win 7 PC mapped to the drives easily. I have followed...
  7. Unable to map NAS on router

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to map NAS on router: Hello my first post with a problem that should be simple. I am not very network savvy. Two HDDs attached to a TP link Archer C9 router. A newly built desktop running Win 10 Pro v 1909 build 18363.592. My old, now failed win 7 PC mapped to the drives easily. I have followed...
  8. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  9. Unable to map NAS drive

Unable to map NAS drive: I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties. The NAS drive is...
  10. Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro

Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro: This is a strange fault as it happened all of a sudden, I shut down the PC one night when everything was fine, then the following day after bootup I couldn't access the NAS drives although they do show in Windows File Explorer, I just get the error 0x80070035 The network path...