Windows 10: Can't map NAS by IP in File Explorer, but with NET USE in cmd

Discus and support Can't map NAS by IP in File Explorer, but with NET USE in cmd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since some days I can't map a NAS Share by IP anymore, but only in the windows 10 file explorer. If I execute a NET USE for the same IP and the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WTenNewbie, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Can't map NAS by IP in File Explorer, but with NET USE in cmd

Since some days I can't map a NAS Share by IP anymore, but only in the windows 10 file explorer.
    If I execute a NET USE for the same IP and the same Sharename (using the same username and password), it works fine.
    Example:
    \\192.168.1.50\Series

I can also map the same NAS by it's name (Example "MyNAS\Series") in the file explorer. Therefore I don't think that a wrong username, wrong password or any access right problem is the cause.

Why should the Windows 10 Pro (b2004, 19041.572) file explorer not let me map a drive by IP anymore?

Additional informations:
    If I map a first share by its NAS-name successfully and then try to map another share from the same NAS with another user in the command line with NET USE, I get a
    "System error 1219 has occurred"
    On my other PC (Windows 10 Pro b1909, 18363.1139) I can connect two shares from the same NAS (one by NAS-IP and one by NAS-Name) without any problem.

Is it not possible anymore to map 2 shares from the same NAS with 2 different users, using 1 x IP and 1 x NAS-name?

:)

WTenNewbie, Nov 9, 2020
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Nov 9, 2020
  3. NAS Disappears and "net view" Fails on non-First Computer to Boot

With the latest build of Win10 (Version 1703, Build 15063.138), our NAS has disappeared from the Network portion of File Explorer on the last of our two computers that boot. Trying to do "net view" from a PowerShell (Admin) window works on the first computer
    booted, but on the second it fails with the useless error 2184: "the service has not been started" (and it's more than useless "net helpmsg 1284" suggestion which merely repeats the same worthless phrase). Reversing the boot order reverses the computers
    that succeed and fail with "net view". The computer that boots first becomes the Master Browser and is the only one that can see the NAS in the Network portion of File Explorer. On both computers, the mapped Z: drive to the NAS always works and browsing
    to the NAS' IP address or hostname works just fine. It's just not showing up in Network.

Feedback Hub link

oreveredrist, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Blaq Win User

Can't map NAS by IP in File Explorer, but with NET USE in cmd

Can't see NAS (SMBv1), even via IP address (tried common solutions)

I have a DLINK DNS-325 NAS which worked fine until this week.

• The issue started after I performed an in-place upgrade. (To fix an unrelated Windows Store problem.)
    • I restored the NAS to factory settings and manually rebuilt its settings.
    • I can access the NAS's Web-based UI without a problem and it reports no errors. I can also ping it without any error.
    I have tried several solutions, some from "My nas devices are not showing in Windows File Explorer - Network, Windows 10 version 1703, build 15063.332" for example.

• Network reset
    • Enabled SMBv1
    • Forced my PC to be the Master Browser
    • Force-enabled "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP"
    To take Windows networking out of the equation, I'm initially trying to access the NAS by its static IP, 192.168.*. In the command window:

• I can ping it without problem
    • `net view \\192.168.*` gives an error 53.
    What should my next steps be? Thanks.

Blaq, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Can't map NAS by IP in File Explorer, but with NET USE in cmd

1. Can't map NAS by IP in File Explorer, but with NET USE in cmd - Similar Threads - Can't map NAS

2. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  3. 'net use' works in cmd window, not in .bat file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'net use' works in cmd window, not in .bat file: Win10 Pro, Version 2004, build 19041.804 (Suggestion to Microsoft- put a 'copy to clipboard' button on the WinVer window). On my home network I have some servers and a couple of NAS drives. (Eight altogether). In startup I call a batch file to map them using 'net use'. Most...
  4. Map network drive using cmd

Map network drive using cmd: Hi! The command for folder mapping in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\Share and it worked The command for mapping drive D in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\D$ and it does not work Do you know why ? 172943
  5. Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro

Can't map a NAS in Windows 10 pro: I have 2 NAS which work perfectly as mapped drives with XP and Windows 7 computers. Cannot get either NAS recognized using a Win 10 pro machine. Have tried to get SMB1 running and a work around using Functional Discovery Provider Host and Functional Discovery Resource...
  6. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP: I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser. Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my QNAP NAS all I keep getting is 'server not found' even though when I do the same on my mobile phone I can access them with no...
  7. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  8. Can't run cmd from file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run cmd from file explorer: submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9c0d1/cant_run_cmd_from_file_explorer/
  9. Can't access NAS files in file explorer

Can't access NAS files in file explorer: Hi, I have a small home office with two computers. I decided to invest in a NAS so that the two computers have access to the same files. The newer computer, a lenovo AIO, had no problem connecting to the nas through a network switch which both computers are connected to,...
  10. Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive

Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive: I used to be able to map an IoT device with a fixed IP address by using "net use X: \192.168.x.xx" and it would work. Long story short, after spending several hours on this, the new 1709 Creators Fall Edition seems to require the root label explicitly as "net use X:...