Windows 10: Can't map windows 11 to windows 10 drive

Discus and support Can't map windows 11 to windows 10 drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have seen somewhat similar issues posted by others and have tried all of the suggested options. Background involves a Win 10 Home Desktop that has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GregoryOlson3, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Can't map windows 11 to windows 10 drive

Have seen somewhat similar issues posted by others and have tried all of the suggested options. Background involves a Win 10 Home Desktop that has the host drives to be mapped to I'll refer to as Desktop, and 2 laptops, one a Win 10 Home I'll refer to as Laptop1 and the other a Win 11 Home I'll refer to as Laptop2. Desktop is ethernet back to the Wi-Fi router with SSID1 and Laptop1 roams between SSID1 and SSID2 that is from an access point downstream of the upstream Wi-Fi router. Laptop1 has always been able to successfully map to the shared drives on Desktop. Haven't had much need to map th

:)

GregoryOlson3, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2023
  3. fatpat Win User
    Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Can't map windows 11 to windows 10 drive

Delta6326, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Can't map windows 11 to windows 10 drive

1. Can't map windows 11 to windows 10 drive - Similar Threads - Can't map drive

2. Drive mapping fails with Windows 10 but not Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive mapping fails with Windows 10 but not Windows 11: I have been using a NAS with multiple systems Windows 10, Windows 11, MacOS and 1 GBe NIC for several years. Recently I added 10 Gbe NICs to the NAS and the Windows 10 system because it often requires a lot of network bandwidth. The system has been configured with Jumbo...
  3. Drive mapping fails with Windows 10 but not Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive mapping fails with Windows 10 but not Windows 11: I have been using a NAS with multiple systems Windows 10, Windows 11, MacOS and 1 GBe NIC for several years. Recently I added 10 Gbe NICs to the NAS and the Windows 10 system because it often requires a lot of network bandwidth. The system has been configured with Jumbo...
  4. Drive mapping fails with Windows 10 but not Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue

Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue: Has anyone encountered issues with Windows 11 drive mapping not staying mapped after logging off or rebooting? We are starting to push out a couple Windows 11 machines and noticed that drive mappings are no longer staying mapped.I updated all the Windows 11 to version 23H2...
  6. Can't map windows 11 to windows 10 drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't map windows 11 to windows 10 drive: Have seen somewhat similar issues posted by others and have tried all of the suggested options. Background involves a Win 10 Home Desktop that has the host drives to be mapped to I'll refer to as Desktop, and 2 laptops, one a Win 10 Home I'll refer to as Laptop1 and the other...
  7. Map Network Drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Network Drive Windows 11: I need some help, I'm trying to resolve a Map Network Drive issue. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The computer or service you are trying to reach might are temporarily unavailable.When I try to map a resource on my windows 11 laptop I'm...
  8. Map Network Drive Windows 11

Map Network Drive Windows 11: I need some help, I'm trying to resolve a Map Network Drive issue. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The computer or service you are trying to reach might are temporarily unavailable.When I try to map a resource on my windows 11 laptop I'm...
  9. Can't map network drive on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't map network drive on windows 11: I am trying following location to map drive using file explorer but even after providing right credentials I get an error of access denied.https://d.docs.live.net/B8**...
  10. Can't map network drive on windows 11

Can't map network drive on windows 11: I am trying following location to map drive using file explorer but even after providing right credentials I get an error of access denied.https://d.docs.live.net/B8**...