Windows 10: Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin

Discus and support Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I also seem am unable to run File Explorer as Admin, even though my user Account is an Administrator and belongs to the Administrators group. I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Morkoth4682, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin

I also seem am unable to run File Explorer as Admin, even though my user Account is an Administrator and belongs to the Administrators group. I have also enabled and logged in as the built-in local system Admin, and receive the same error message about not having rights to disable tasks...

Windows version 1909 build 18363.476

:)

Morkoth4682, Jan 6, 2020

2. Administrator account not allowed to disable UpdateOrchestrator Reboot task after latest update

Did you use

1) cmd with admin rights =>

2) psexec64 cmd.exe

before the erroring command?

I assume you did though. What does it say in Task Scheduler (admin again) under

Task Scheduler Library => Microsoft => Windows

The tasks are listed there in alphabetic order. Is UpdateOrchestrator listed? If not, then UpdateOrchestrator is not causing your restarts. Maybe look Event Log to identify which task is doing restarts in your configuration.

TapioValli, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

I have made exactly the things, you have written.
    Another new thing is shown today: Universal Orchestrator Start has been added today. I did the same too. So I will wait what the PC will do. I hope that these two features will not be checked again tomorrow. Thank you very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshots before I made changes with Psexec:

Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, it did not helped. At 19.14 o' clock it was waked up...see screenshots...and wake up is checked again.

Any ideas ?

mauditt mauditt, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin

No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin

1. Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin - Similar Threads - Can't modify Task

2. I can't edit a scheduled task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't edit a scheduled task: In my Windows 10 Task Scheduler there is a scheduled task in the Microsoft-Windows-Application Experience folder called "Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser", which as far as I can tell causes to run the "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" service. The scheduled time for this...
  3. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  4. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  5. Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler: I have a bizarre problem, and here are some basic facts: Computer: HP laptop, originally purchased with 64-bit Windows 10 Home Current OS: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro - upgraded after the initial purchase upgrade, not a fresh install I am the administrator on the computer, and...
  6. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  7. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  8. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...
  9. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...
  10. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin: I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard user. So while logged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updateorchestrator requires administrator

2. disable UpdateOrchestrator

3. cant modify updateorchestrator