Windows 10: Can't mouse over systray popups

Discus and support Can't mouse over systray popups in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 May 2020 update, I experience the following on my Lenovo laptop: If I click any icon in the systray that causes a popup to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MFSasso, Jun 26, 2020.

1. MFSasso Win User

Can't mouse over systray popups

Since the Windows 10 May 2020 update, I experience the following on my Lenovo laptop:

If I click any icon in the systray that causes a popup to appear above it, which in my case means battery status, volume control, wi-fi, and clock and also the Action Center, which slides out rather than popping up, I can mouse over whatever is displayed the popup or slide out only with great difficulty. In most cases, whatever was displayed vanishes the instant the mouse leaves the taskbar. Popups disappear, Action Center slides closed. If I amreally fast I can sometimes manage to click an icon and then successfully get the mouse over the popup. But it usually takes multiple tries.

I had this problem some years back, and I was able to find and adjust a Registry setting to change the delay time before popups cleared. As I recall the Registry contained zero, and the fix was to adjust it to 2 seconds. But it looks like the recent update undid my change, and unfortunately I didn't hang onto a record of the change.

:)

MFSasso, Jun 26, 2020
  2. ruggb Win User

systray hidden icons disappear when moused over

when rebooted this issue does not happen.
    After some time, if I open the hidden systray menu, most of them will disappear as I mouse over them.
    I do not know if it is triggered by opening a program, a background program, time, or whatever.

any clues will be helpful.

ruggb, Jun 26, 2020
  3. blueworld Win User
    File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Can't mouse over systray popups

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't mouse over systray popups

1. Can't mouse over systray popups - Similar Threads - Can't mouse systray

2. Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.: Win 11 Pro 22H2.Windows Security opens and operates fine from systray with left mouse click.However, it is the ONLY tray icon that has no popup description on hover or right click menu capability.Resetting icon cache via Admin CMD prompt had NO effect.Is there a resolution...
  3. Microsoft news in systray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft news in systray: How do I get this virus out of my systray? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-news-in-systray/472e4c57-2127-4fcd-a308-3aef9177a853
  4. Microsoft News in the Systray

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft News in the Systray: Microsoft News in the SysTray after a restart (not update associated restart) ... where did this come from????- no News app installed in Start menu- no "News" processes running- no listing in the Task Manager > Startup options- no options on right-click to close/shutdown-...
  5. "Mouse Over"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Mouse Over": It used to be called "mouse over." Windows automatically switches to the open window under your mouse pointer. Is there a way to slow down the reaction time from instant. I often have multiple windows open and the one I want buries itself and I end up having to manually...
  6. duplicate links on systray from desktop, but not pinned to systray

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate links on systray from desktop, but not pinned to systray: A couple of days ago I noticed that I had icon/links on my systray that had never been there before. When I deleted them, they also deleted from my desktop. The ones that are in both places are the same link. I check in tutorials here, and saw they might be pined. I right...
  7. duplicate links on systray from desktop, but not pined to systray

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate links on systray from desktop, but not pined to systray: A couple of days ago I noticed that I had icon/links on my systray that had never been there before. When I deleted them, they also deleted from my desktop. The ones that are in both places are the same link. I check in tutorials here, and saw they might be pined. I right...
  8. Disable the popup showing the link when I mouse over the link

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable the popup showing the link when I mouse over the link: I am using Outlook as my mail application. When I mouse over a link within the email that is being viewed a small window pops up displaying the link. If the link is very long the window is large and covers up the text of the message I am trying to read. If I move the mouse...
  9. Edge popup tips over and over and over again

in Browsers and Email
    Edge popup tips over and over and over again: How do I get Edge to stop with the constant barrage of pop-up tips showing the "make a note" feature and "reading" tips? If I wanted to use these I would use them! What do I need to do? Do I need to stop using Edge and use Chrome instead??? 25296
  10. systray hidden icons disappear when moused over

in Windows 10 Support
    systray hidden icons disappear when moused over: when rebooted this issue does not happen. After some time, if I open the hidden systray menu, most of them will disappear as I mouse over them. I do not know if it is triggered by opening a program, a background program, time, or whatever. any clues will be helpful. 40820