Windows 10: Can't move apps to another drive

Discus and support Can't move apps to another drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I would just like to install Phantasy Star Online 2 on my pc but I'm having a weird error code. First of all I wanted it to go to my drive E where... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Zach_100, May 27, 2020.

1. Zach_100 Win User

Can't move apps to another drive

Hi,

I would just like to install Phantasy Star Online 2 on my pc but I'm having a weird error code. First of all I wanted it to go to my drive E where I have a lot of space left the option was there to download the app and is highlighted blue so it's clickable but when I do so nothing happens. Alternatively I can install the app on my main Drive C and it works fine the problem is after the update on the app the size is about 69GB and I only have 31GB left on my main drive. The alternative is Drive E. So what I did installed the app first without launching it so it doesn't do the update and that's about 11GB and after I'm done I would transfer it to my Drive E. I tried doing that and it gave me this error message "We couldn't move Phantasy Star Online 2 The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it". I also tried to assign Drive E to where new apps will be saved and the same error message shows. I tried to look around and try to find a fix on this error but I can't seem find a solution that works. Much appreciated if anyone can help me.

Can't move apps to another drive 5e2479f4-4dd5-44a4-9e08-9044fed24510?upload=true.jpg

:)

Zach_100, May 27, 2020
  2. little cat, May 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't move apps to another drive :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 27, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't move apps to another drive - Similar Threads - Can't move apps

2. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  3. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  4. Can't move windows store app to another drive error code 0x80070005

Can't move windows store app to another drive error code 0x80070005: Hi I've been trying to move Forza Horizon 5 which I downloaded from the xbox game pass form my HDD to my SSD without reinstalling it. I've tried to move the application from the "Apps & Features" menu but am met with the error message seen below:Another strange thing is the...
  5. Can't move windows store app to another drive error code 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't move windows store app to another drive error code 0x80070005: Hi I've been trying to move Forza Horizon 5 which I downloaded from the xbox game pass form my HDD to my SSD without reinstalling it. I've tried to move the application from the "Apps & Features" menu but am met with the error message seen below:Another strange thing is the...
  6. Can't move windows store app to another drive error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't move my OS to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move my OS to another drive: Trying to move Windows 10 from my 120GB SSD to a new 500 GB SSD, but I'm getting an error: Windows did not find any disk which it can use for recreating volumes present in backup. (0x80042414) Here's what I've tried so far: Following these instructions, I've created a...
  8. moving windows apps to another drive

moving windows apps to another drive: hi, I have moved an app from the windows drive to another drive to keep my windows drive free but when I checked the windows apps folder on the windows drive it now has the app listed as a shortcut folder but the app is still taking up space on the windows drive even though...
  9. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10: How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Store to another drive. The default location is This PC on the Windows C: drive in the...
  10. Can't move Music folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move Music folder to another drive: I'm trying to move all of my documents to a new hard drive and I successfully did it with all of them except for the "Music" folder; each time I try to move it to a new location I get this error message: [img] Is there a way to correct this? 42626