Windows 10: Can't move desktop icons off-screen

Discus and support Can't move desktop icons off-screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bladla, Jun 10, 2017.

1. bladla Win User

Can't move desktop icons off-screen

Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an icon a little bit out of screen Windows just won't let me. How do I fix this? I tried changing the regedit entry "IconVerticalSpacing", didn't help.

:)

bladla, Jun 10, 2017

2. Desktop Icons move by themselves off the screen!

Hello,

It's been a few days now that my desktop icons move themselves around and off the screen, I'm running a windows 10 with two screens. They usually move above the screen and go off it, I can't find them and I can't move them around.

How do I fix this?

NickDannenberg, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Desktop icons and most recent Windows 10 Update

Since the most recent Windows 10 update, I am no longer able to drag desktop icons off the screen; I dislike the recycling bin being on my desktop because I can't change its icon to make it invisible, nor can I remove it from the desktop. Did Microsoft intentionally
    make this happen? If there is any way that I can remove the bin from my desktop, change the icon to a custom icon, or move it off screen again, please tell me how. Thanks!

P.S. I do not have "Align icons to grid" checked.

Andrew Else, Jun 10, 2017
Thema:

Can't move desktop icons off-screen

1. Can't move desktop icons off-screen - Similar Threads - Can't move desktop

2. Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon: After the latest update all my desktop icons except 1 have moved off my screen. I have turned off align to grid and auto align but i cant drag the icons back into normal positions. The icon i can see now has a much bigger area to click on compared to regular icon (3-4...
  3. Moving icons to bottom of screen

Moving icons to bottom of screen: Somehow all the taskbar icons moved to a vertical column on the right of the screen, and I cannot find a way to get them back to the bottom, where I prefer them. Any ideas? Thanks....
  4. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...
  5. Desktop Icons Won't Move

Desktop Icons Won't Move: I can't move my desktop icons. Auto-arrange icons is off Align icons to grid is off When I click on the icon; nothing happens. There is no error message It was working properly earlier today I can open folders; I can open files on the desktop and with folders on...
  6. desktop icons move constantly

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons move constantly: My desktop icons have begun to change around all the time and the taskbar gets thicker and thicker. Anyone else having this problem? How do i tell when Microsoft last updated my OS? Windows 10 113567
  7. Can't move icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move icons: When I try to move icons on my desktop, they usually snap back to their original positions. I can, however, move them into folders on the desktop. What's the fix? 99264
  8. Can't move shortcuts on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move shortcuts on desktop...: After I install an application and it creates a shortcut on the desktop, I can't move the shortcut to another position. When I try to move it, I get a small slashed circle. What's up with that? 18020
  9. Icons on Desktop move when saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on Desktop move when saved: Hi This might seem like a trivial problem compared to some of the others on this site, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my icon problem. I have icons for certain files - word and excel, that I arrange in convenient places on the desktop. If I edit these then...
  10. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...