Windows 10: Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

Discus and support Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I wanted to move my documents folder to D drive as my C drive was filling up. I see Documents folder at 2 places -- 1in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Prarabdha Pathak, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

Hello,I wanted to move my documents folder to D drive as my C drive was filling up. I see Documents folder at 2 places -- 1in C:\users\username\Documents2 in the space above the drives in the This PC window in windows explorer, also in quick access in the left menu in windows explorerI changed the location in the location tabs of the 2nd Document folder that i described aboveie the quick access or inside 'This PC' and the location says D driveBut if i go inside C drive to C:\users\username\Documents and right click and click on properties , the location it shows is C:\users\username\Do

:)

Prarabdha Pathak, Sep 23, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Missing document folder in C drive

Hi teresakrajewska,

Is this the usual Documents library folder or one you created yourself?

If it is the usual Documents folder, i t should be located here (replace username with your login name)

C:\Users\username

Or in the address bar of File Explorer, paste this and hit Enter:

%UserProfile%/Documents

DaveM121, Sep 23, 2022
  3. NongJin Win User
    How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

In my new computer setup, Windows 10 set up the folders Documents and Pictures under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures. I want to set up these folders to C:\Users\username\Documents and C:\Users\username\Pictures.
    I tried to change location through folder properties\location\restore default. But windows did not allow me to do it, showing an error message "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied".
    How do I change the folders of Documents (Pictures) under "This PC" to
    C:\Users\username\Documents (Pictures)? Thanks.

NongJin, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Memsahib Win User

Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures

Win 10 20H2 ver: 19042.1052

I have my SSD partitioned with programs on C and data on D. All was going well for several years until I thought I would try to use Onedrive as a backup and found all my users folders moved to Onedrive so I tried to move them out and now I have my Documents folder in my Pictures folder! In fact I don't even have a D:\users\username folder than I can access without it taking me to pictures. I am reasonably confident but don't want to make any more silly changes. How can I get the documents folder out of Pictures - please! I have done two screen shots that I believe demonstrate my issue.

Memsahib, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

1. Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No... - Similar Threads - Can't move Documents

2. When I try to move documents folder to D: from one drive get error message: Can't move the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to move documents folder to D: from one drive get error message: Can't move the...: This is the error message i get when i go to properties of documents folder and try to move it to d:/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-move-documents-folder-to-d-from-one/048f8015-2e5a-420a-9abc-833b7f28521f
  3. When I try to move documents folder to D: from one drive get error message: Can't move the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to move documents folder to D: from one drive get error message: Can't move the...: This is the error message i get when i go to properties of documents folder and try to move it to d:/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-move-documents-folder-to-d-from-one/048f8015-2e5a-420a-9abc-833b7f28521f
  4. Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...: Hello,I wanted to move my documents folder to D drive as my C drive was filling up. I see Documents folder at 2 places -- 1in C:\users\username\Documents2 in the space above the drives in the This PC window in windows explorer, also in quick access in the left menu in windows...
  5. Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...: Hello,I wanted to move my documents folder to D drive as my C drive was filling up. I see Documents folder at 2 places -- 1in C:\users\username\Documents2 in the space above the drives in the This PC window in windows explorer, also in quick access in the left menu in windows...
  6. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  7. Can't move Documents to D:\Data

Can't move Documents to D:\Data: When I try to move Document to D:\Data I get:"Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."I've never seen this before and I've been moving at least since Win 10 came out I think since Win 7.Oh it let me...
  8. Moved Documents Folder to D: drive but didn't free up space

Moved Documents Folder to D: drive but didn't free up space: My C: drive is practically full and one of the things taking up a lot of space is my Sims game so I looked into moving that to the practically empty D: drive. In order to do that I needed to move the full documents folder, which I did by following this tutorial:...
  9. Documents Folder disappears from D drive after moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder disappears from D drive after moving: Windows 10 Pro 1909 64 bit Problem: Moved Desktop, Documents & Pictures from %UserProfile% folder on C drive to new location on D drive. OneDrive syncing was turned off. Operation success. The next day the same folders were missing from D drive, only present in OneDrive...
  10. Moved Documents folder to enter drive, not folder. Can't restore.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Moved Documents folder to enter drive, not folder. Can't restore.: I did a fresh install of Win10 on an SSD and was in the process of moving the Documents folder to a separate HDD (F drive) using the 'Move to' option but I selected just the F: drive instead of a new Documents folder. When I tried to move again to the Documents folder on the...