Windows 10: Can't move Documents to D:\Data

Discus and support Can't move Documents to D:\Data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to move Document to D:\Data I get:"Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by redwdc, May 8, 2021.

1. redwdc Win User

Can't move Documents to D:\Data

When I try to move Document to D:\Data I get:"Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."I've never seen this before and I've been moving at least since Win 10 came out I think since Win 7.Oh it let me move Downloads if that's relevant.Bobbie

:)

redwdc, May 8, 2021
  2. scopio Win User

Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!

I moved the Data files Contacts, Documents etc. to the D:\ drive using the Properties > Location > Move method and Office Word etc. in Options > Save show that the Save destination is D:\Users\username\Documents which is as it should be BUT which of the duplicated folders as I also made the changes in Windows > Settings > Storage method which seem to have duplicated the folders and I now have two folders in D:\Users\username\ for Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos presumably moved there by the Windows > Settings > Storage these folders do not have an icon just a plain folder picture and I assume they are the ones from theWindows > Settings > Storage method.

1. What did I do wrong to get duplicate folders?
    2. Which folders will be used when I finally save work to?
    3. Can the duplicate folders without the icons be deleted or would there be issues?

Can't move Documents to D:\Data [​IMG]

The screenshot is not from the actual pc but just to demonstrate how in actually shows in the other pc as I can't get to the actual pc just yet. No data has been saved as yet as the Office 365 applications have not been used yet.

scopio, May 8, 2021
  3. Bross76 Win User
    All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, May 8, 2021
  4. Can't move Documents to D:\Data

I changed my location for 'Documents' and now Drive D has the 'Documents' icon

I've always changed the location of Documents and Downloads to my 'Data' partition. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and changed Documents location to drive D. Usually the icon for these two folders follows and displays on drive D.

Not sure why it didn't this time, but can you tell me how I can change these 2 folder icons? I know how to change icons, but I don't see these 2 icons in the list of Windows icons.

Thx.

ckbeme102598, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Can't move Documents to D:\Data

1. Can't move Documents to D:\Data - Similar Threads - Can't move Documents

2. Accidentally moved Documents files to D:\ path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved Documents files to D:\ path: So I accidentally moved the Documents C:\Users\Ken\Documents folder to D:\ path, when I click Documents shortcut now, it go to D:\ now, I tried to reset to default but it said cannot move the folder to that location. Which made everything is under Documents folder now, is...
  3. Accidentally moved Documents files to D:\ path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally moved Documents files to D:\ path: So I accidentally moved the Documents C:\Users\Ken\Documents folder to D:\ path, when I click Documents shortcut now, it go to D:\ now, I tried to reset to default but it said cannot move the folder to that location. Which made everything is under Documents folder now, is...
  4. Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...: Hello,I wanted to move my documents folder to D drive as my C drive was filling up. I see Documents folder at 2 places -- 1in C:\users\username\Documents2 in the space above the drives in the This PC window in windows explorer, also in quick access in the left menu in windows...
  5. Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move Documents folder from C\users\username\Documents to any place in D drive. No...: Hello,I wanted to move my documents folder to D drive as my C drive was filling up. I see Documents folder at 2 places -- 1in C:\users\username\Documents2 in the space above the drives in the This PC window in windows explorer, also in quick access in the left menu in windows...
  6. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  7. Move data from C drive to D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move data from C drive to D: How to move a c drive that is full to the D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-data-from-c-drive-to-d/0df7a77f-dcac-4ec1-9d53-148f0565176e
  8. Can't move or download to D:

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move or download to D:: Every time i download something it's just installed in C: even if i choose D: submitted by /u/Azerx7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eo6ye4/cant_move_or_download_to_d/
  9. Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!: I moved the Data files Contacts, Documents etc. to the D:\ drive using the Properties > Location > Move method and Office Word etc. in Options > Save show that the Save destination is D:\Users\username\Documents which is as it should be BUT which of the duplicated folders as...
  10. moving thunderbird data from C to D

in Browsers and Email
    moving thunderbird data from C to D: I want to move all Thunderbird data and settings from C to D (easier back-up). I followed the instructions from Mozilla (moving a profile). I am able to: find the profiles folder, moving the profiles folder, creating a new profile with thunderbird.exe -p, changing the...