Windows 10: Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

Discus and support Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SamHeenan, Apr 25, 2022.

1. SamHeenan Win User

Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message:

:)

SamHeenan, Apr 25, 2022
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

In process explorer right click on columns > select columns > process disk tab > enable disk delta write bytes
    Order the process list by disk delta write bytes columns and monitor which process springs on top when files and folders are being created.
    If it's one of the svchost.exe instances then look at it's modules and threads in the lower pane to detect the culprit.

BiggieShady, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

1. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive - Similar Threads - Can't move Downloads

2. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Downloads folder: I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks...
  3. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Downloads folder: I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks...
  4. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive: I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-downloads-folder-to-folder-in-hard-drive/949fe106-307d-4f90-9eb6-65281aa45fdb
  6. Download folder moved

Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  7. Download folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  8. Download folder moved

9. Moving download folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving download folder: Hi, I have moved the download folder (win10, 2004) from the C drive to a backup drive and now I have 2 download folders. When I delete files/folders in the original folder on C it also deletes the same files in the moved folder on the backup drive. Why is that? 159630
  10. Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder

Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder: [ATTACH]as you can see from the photo i've somehow merged my hard drive (D) with my downloads folder and im not sure how i can revert it back to the download folder, i have tried to restore to previous version but was unable to do so....