Windows 10: Can't move files because the file there are already in doesn't have enough space

Discus and support Can't move files because the file there are already in doesn't have enough space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I am trying to move a set of video files from my C: drive to a recently installed 1tb HDD. I have already managed to move some videos, however now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PartyPirate, May 9, 2021.

1. Can't move files because the file there are already in doesn't have enough space

So I am trying to move a set of video files from my C: drive to a recently installed 1tb HDD. I have already managed to move some videos, however now whenever I try to move more I get a message telling me the they can't be moved because there isn't enough space in the folder they are already inFor example:Moving videos from C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents\Videos\Video Folder Name 1 to E:\Videos\Video Folder Name 2I get a warning telling me "There is not enough space on Video Folder Name 1. You need an additional 722mb to copy these filesThe whole reason I am shifting things around is becaus

:)

PartyPirate, May 9, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Can't move files because the file there are already in doesn't have enough space [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 9, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Can't move files because the file there are already in doesn't have enough space [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, May 9, 2021
  4. Can't move files because the file there are already in doesn't have enough space

Windows 10 doesn t leave me to go in.

Thanke your reply . But windows doesn t leave me to write the code. I don t reach my files, so i don t rrrach anything else. Now we will try to system reboot feom pendrive

SzabóDániel, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Can't move files because the file there are already in doesn't have enough space

1. Can't move files because the file there are already in doesn't have enough space - Similar Threads - Can't move files

2. Can't do a factory reset because of not enough space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't do a factory reset because of not enough space.: I wanted to do a factory reset on Windows 11, but i need 19 more GB of space appereantly. The rpobelm is that i tried doing EVERYTHING to free up the space. Uninstalling programs that i dont need at all, cleaning temporary files, cleaning cache and everything and it only...
  3. Can't do a factory reset because of not enough space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't do a factory reset because of not enough space.: I wanted to do a factory reset on Windows 11, but i need 19 more GB of space appereantly. The rpobelm is that i tried doing EVERYTHING to free up the space. Uninstalling programs that i dont need at all, cleaning temporary files, cleaning cache and everything and it only...
  4. This computer does not have enough space for temporary files, Error 0x80070103

in Windows 10 News
    This computer does not have enough space for temporary files, Error 0x80070103: [ATTACH]Are you receiving an error message that says This computer does not have enough space for temporary files? It happens when you don’t have enough space on your drive where you are installing a Windows Feature Upgrade or downloading a Windows Update on your Windows 11...
  5. Moving files - not enough room? And One Drive files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files - not enough room? And One Drive files.: I'm getting a low disc-space message, so I tried to move a folder that's 99.3 GB onto a 2 TB external drive, that has 1.54 TB of free space.Yet when I try to move the whole folder, or just a subfolder, I'm told there's not enough room! How can that be? I'm not a math whiz,...
  6. Can't "Remove everything" because there isn't enough free space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't "Remove everything" because there isn't enough free space?: My mum has given me a laptop she no longer uses which is running very slowly. I want to do a complete factory reset so that everything is wiped, as if I'd just bough to from the store. There are no files that I want to back up or anything like that. After searching for a...
  7. Can't receive win 10 update because not enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't receive win 10 update because not enough space.: Can't receive win 10 update because not enough space. How do I move files to usb drive? When I try to drag it says I can't move system files. How do I know which files to move? How do I make windows move them automatically?...
  8. My laptop doesn't have enough space to update Win10.

My laptop doesn't have enough space to update Win10.: Hello, I have a 32 GB SSD-not enough space to update Win10, but I have a 1 Tb external - How can I use that to update Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-have-enough-space-to-update-win10/f91a1e29-309b-41a6-a28a-52adbcd53894
  9. Can't reset my Windows 10 laptop because there's not enough space

Can't reset my Windows 10 laptop because there's not enough space: I have uninstalled every program I am able to, and I am still unable to reset my computer because it says I need 3 more gigabytes of space. I only have 500 MB of installed programs that I can remove. I am ready to throw this thing out of a 10 story window......
  10. Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop"

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop": Hello, Copying files from external HD to my new PC and: "There is not enough space on Desktop. You need an additional 210 GB to copy these files" I have 2 drives on the machine: SSD (for apps) HD (1.8 Tb for files) .. when I copy files to desktop, they should...