Windows 10: Can't move files, can only copy them

Discus and support Can't move files, can only copy them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So im trying to move a file from my ssd to a hardrive but it will only let me copy it. I need to move the entire folder. How can I do that? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/todahmoon18238, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Can't move files, can only copy them

So im trying to move a file from my ssd to a hardrive but it will only let me copy it. I need to move the entire folder. How can I do that?

submitted by /u/todahmoon18238
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/todahmoon18238, Dec 16, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Can't move files, can only copy them

Delicieuxz, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Can't move files, can only copy them

1. Can't move files, can only copy them - Similar Threads - Can't move files

2. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home on a PC Desktop and all the latest updates. Copying files from one location to another using Explorer doesn't work. I have restarted Explorer and doing it worked for a few actions then failed again. I restarted it again and I could copy/cut files...
  3. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home on a PC Desktop and all the latest updates. Copying files from one location to another using Explorer doesn't work. I have restarted Explorer and doing it worked for a few actions then failed again. I restarted it again and I could copy/cut files...
  4. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  6. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  7. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Drag and dropping files copies them instead of moving them. How can I change this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and dropping files copies them instead of moving them. How can I change this?: I don't want to have to hold a button each time I do it. It's difficult to remember and I just want to move things, not create new copies of them. submitted by /u/Zoofyooo [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't copy/move files using File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy/move files using File Explorer: Hi guys, I recently build a new pc and installed Windows Pro on it. Everything is working pretty well, except for 1 thing: I can't move/copy files... Whenever I try to do this screen flickers black for less than a second, and file explorer shuts down without moving or...
  10. Files encrypted, can't copy or access them

Files encrypted, can't copy or access them: A few days ago, I started having issues with my PC, apparently needed a fresh install by wiping out my drive and reinstalling windows. I managed to transfer all my files to my hard drive but now I cannot copy them back to the PC or access them, as for some reason they have...