Windows 10: Can't move files into the Recycle Bin

Discus and support Can't move files into the Recycle Bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new HP Envy laptop running the current Windows 10 SW. I have a pair of .PNG files and a PDF file on my desktop that I cannot "delete" or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaleVN, Feb 4, 2019.

1. GaleVN Win User

Can't move files into the Recycle Bin

I have a new HP Envy laptop running the current Windows 10 SW. I have a pair of .PNG files and a PDF file on my desktop that I cannot "delete" or "move" into the Recycle Bin. I have administrator permissions.

The Recycle Bin "properties" indicates there is over 118GB of space available. There is one file in the Recycle Bin, but I cannot get anything else into the folder. Can anyone offer some guidance?

:)

GaleVN, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Cwedin Win User

Recycle Bin

Hi, Scout-86.

Bare with me. I'm only a student in Information Technology. I believe the recycle bin might be corrupted, causing it to vanish from the desktop completely.

Try one of these two fixes and see if helps.

Solution 1:

• Step 1: Select Start -> Settings -> Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings.
    • Step 2: Make sure the checkbox for Recycle Bin is checked, then select OK. You should see the icon displayed on your desktop.

Solution 2:

• Step 1 Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Step 2 Type the command rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and press enter.
    • Step 3 Type exit to close the Command Prompt window

I hope this helps!

(This comes from [Fixed] Can't Find or Open Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS)

Cwedin, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't move files into the Recycle Bin - Similar Threads - Can't move files

2. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin: Dear Microsoft,Hope you are well!I am having trouble in my HP system. Long story short, about 6-7 months ago, my system got updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since I have updated to Windows 11, my system started to work a little slow, to obvious reasons that all the apps...
  3. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin: Dear Microsoft,Hope you are well!I am having trouble in my HP system. Long story short, about 6-7 months ago, my system got updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since I have updated to Windows 11, my system started to work a little slow, to obvious reasons that all the apps...
  4. Deleted files on a nas moving to a recycle bin folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted files on a nas moving to a recycle bin folder: the thing was wondering how you make it so that when you delete a file on a nas it moves it to the recycle bin instead of deleting it permanently. My nas drive letter is Z: in case it matters or if it will help. I am running windows 10 20h2. Would I need to stage a recycle...
  5. Files spontaneously moved to Recycle Bin in OneDrive

Files spontaneously moved to Recycle Bin in OneDrive: Hello I have some shared libraries from my work OneDrive account that are viewed on my local laptop. I was doing some standard file operations, in this case I created a new subfolder, and copied files into it. After doing so, I watched as files spontaneously disappeared....
  6. Can't move stuff to recycle bin.

Can't move stuff to recycle bin.: So I've been trying to put stuff into the recycle bin but for a specific file it says that it's open in another program, I've checked task manager but not one thing that is related to the file is in task manager, I just really wanna delete this duplicate of something because...
  7. Recycle Bin Move Cancel

Recycle Bin Move Cancel: I need help. I was cleaning out some old files on my laptop and accidentally deleted the whole folder, no big deal so far. I hit CTRL+Z to put the folder back in, and I accidentally misread the "Moving Files From Recycling Bin" message and cancelled the moving of the files....
  8. Always move deleted files to recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always move deleted files to recycle bin: Greetings All, When I want to delete a file, or multiple files at once, I don't want file explorer to permanently delete it, I want them to always go to the recycle bin. Is there a setting or any way to turn off the "permanently delete" feature?...
  9. Can't move files to recycle bin, can ONLY permanently delete.

Can't move files to recycle bin, can ONLY permanently delete.: I am running Microsoft 2010 on a company-owned device. We have a shared drive and when I delete a file from the shared the drive e.g. right click "delete" OR drag files to Recycle Bin folder it deletes the file permanently. I would like the files to go to the Recycle Bin, but...
  10. Files and Folders are moving to recycle bin on click

Files and Folders are moving to recycle bin on click: I am using windows 10 along with Lenovo Yoga , recently after update from windows got installed there is strange behaviour happening. Any file or folder i click it goes to Recycle Bin , Pop up appears saying file no longer exsist on this location . When i go to recycle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant move file to recycle bin

2. cant move pdf files to recycle bin

3. how to move files to recycle bin

4. items wont drag into recycle bin,
  5. files wont move to recycle bin,
  6. cant move items to recycle bin,
  7. cant move to recycle bin,
  8. windows 10 cannot move file to recycle bin,
  9. why cant I move items to recycle bin,
  10. cant move files to recycle bin,
  11. cant move desktop icons to recycle bin