Windows 10: Cant move files onto a new drive

Discus and support Cant move files onto a new drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Recently ive bought a 2TB E: disk. It was working fine and i could move everything onto it up til recently, when i tried to move around 20 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sir_tonberry, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Cant move files onto a new drive

Hello. Recently ive bought a 2TB E: disk. It was working fine and i could move everything onto it up til recently, when i tried to move around 20 GB folder. I got an error that the disk is full and the files couldnt be moved but the disk still has 1.7 TB Free Space. Heres the error message Cant move files onto a new drive 2e1c3e10-33f2-4337-9f77-3b2dc888e73f?upload=true.png

Any idea what could be the cause and how to fix it??

:)

sir_tonberry, Feb 26, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Cant move files onto a new drive

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Cant move files onto a new drive

1. Cant move files onto a new drive - Similar Threads - Cant move files

2. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  3. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  4. Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?: I haven't played with the options on upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm about to install an M2 drive into a system with only a regular HD that is also asking if I want to upgrade to Win11.I recall one of the times I upgraded a system to win11 being asked if I wanted to do a...
  5. Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to win11 onto a new drive?: I haven't played with the options on upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm about to install an M2 drive into a system with only a regular HD that is also asking if I want to upgrade to Win11.I recall one of the times I upgraded a system to win11 being asked if I wanted to do a...
  6. cant move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant move files: my primary hard drive is full i have a 2tb ssd installed in my desktop and multiple externals connected and now when i move files it says i dont have enough space but the space its listing is from my current full drive...
  7. Moving photos onto external hard drive

Moving photos onto external hard drive: Hello! I need help. I have a phone full of photos. I want to get them onto an external hard drive and I’m having a tough time. Any help would be appreciated. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7. The laptop is a Lenovo so Desktop/IBM. The external HD is a KESU with FAT-32. I...
  8. Can't decrypt files after moving onto external hard-drive and installing new version of...

Can't decrypt files after moving onto external hard-drive and installing new version of...: My file system was crashing hard and I think it was from a virus. After exhausting every other possible option I moved all my most important files onto an external hard-drive, wiped everything from my laptop hard-drive, and installed a new version of windows. Some of my...
  9. moving windows 10 on new comuter onto ssd drive I will be installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    moving windows 10 on new comuter onto ssd drive I will be installing: New computer has no operating disk, but windows 10 is installed with no instructions. How to transfer new windows 10 operating system to ssd drive...
  10. Upgrade onto a new drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade onto a new drive?: I have windows 7 on a 750GB drive at the moment, but I want to install 10 on my SSD which only has 30 GB of space. Of course, I don't want to have to re-install all my data. If I go the upgrade route, will I have an option to choose which drive I install the windows files to?...