Windows 10: Can't move folder location

Discus and support Can't move folder location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently sync with Onedrive. When I noticed that all my onedrive folders mixed with my local documents on my PC, I unlinked it and uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KB_7, Oct 17, 2020.

1. KB_7 Win User

Can't move folder location

Hi, I recently sync with Onedrive. When I noticed that all my onedrive folders mixed with my local documents on my PC, I unlinked it and uninstalled it.

>However, my documents folder is now C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents.

>I clicked on restore default button which is the C:\Users\User\Documents.

>It asked me if I wanted to move all the files from the old location to new location.

>When I clicked on either Yes or No, it says "Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can’t be redirected. Access Denied”

Grateful if you could help! Thank you

:)

2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Can't move folder location

Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't move folder location

1. Can't move folder location - Similar Threads - Can't move folder

2. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  3. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  4. Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...: I have tried about everything to move the Documents folder from onedrive Including uninstalling onedrive. I keep getting the message Can't move the folder beause there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. The target drive is the D:\Documents. I have...
  5. Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...: I have tried about everything to move the Documents folder from onedrive Including uninstalling onedrive. I keep getting the message Can't move the folder beause there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. The target drive is the D:\Documents. I have...
  6. Can't move the documents folder using Location because the folder in the same folder can'...

7. Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.: .I cannot move a folder to another partition and the message is shown in the picture. How to solve it!!!!!!!Initially the folder 'Pictures' was in C drive, after i change the location to drive D it shows this Access denies message....
  8. Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.

Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.: .I cannot move a folder to another partition and the message is shown in the picture. How to solve it!!!!!!!Initially the folder 'Pictures' was in C drive, after i change the location to drive D it shows this Access denies message....
  9. Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.: I've been trying to move the location of these kinds of folders, but simply can't, windows tells me that there's a folder that can't be moved. I looked all over the internet for solutions, and everywhere they say to change de registry, which I did, but it didn't work. My C:/...
  10. moving temp folder location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    moving temp folder location: I moved my system and user temp folder locations in the belief it would save so many writes to my SSD, not sure if it was a good idea or not.. now have an error popup which mentions not being able to find the temp folder.....this could be because the partition i moved the...