Windows 10: Can't Move Items from Screen 1 display to Screen 2 display

Discus and support Can't Move Items from Screen 1 display to Screen 2 display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have hooked up a second monitor to my computer and have Microsoft 10. The 2nd display is acknowledged and have it set for "extending" the display.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ABennett1968, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Can't Move Items from Screen 1 display to Screen 2 display

I have hooked up a second monitor to my computer and have Microsoft 10. The 2nd display is acknowledged and have it set for "extending" the display. However, it will not let me move anything from the main monitor to the 2nd display. I ran the diagnostic, but the results show no problems with any of the components. Does anyone have any experience with this issue and have an idea of what the issue might be? Thanks for any help anyone can give.

:)

ABennett1968, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Display 1 not swappable with Display 2. Why?

Hi Raven,

You can choose from the list of monitors, which screen you want to make as your main display. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop, then select Display settings.
    • Under Customize your display, select which screen you want to make as the main display.
    • Check Make this my main display, then click Apply.

Can't Move Items from Screen 1 display to Screen 2 display 9c73e05e-a8bc-42ad-b87f-c77d80cbfc0a.jpg

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Nov 2, 2020
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Can't Move Items from Screen 1 display to Screen 2 display

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Can't Move Items from Screen 1 display to Screen 2 display [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't Move Items from Screen 1 display to Screen 2 display

1. Can't Move Items from Screen 1 display to Screen 2 display - Similar Threads - Can't Move Items

2. 2 displays in one screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 displays in one screen: Hello ! Are there any screens or software available for Windows 10 that allow you to simulate two screens on a single wide screen connected to a single PC? Thanks submitted by /u/WhatsNew75 [link] [comments]...
  3. 2 displays showing even with 1 display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 displays showing even with 1 display: I check my settings and it shows 2 displays. However I only have one monitor. It's annoying to have this. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-displays-showing-even-with-1-display/a3d817d0-1842-47f1-b73f-61d923596762
  4. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  5. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  6. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Move Display approximately 1/2" to Right

Move Display approximately 1/2" to Right: My display on my screen is 1/2" too far to the left. I cannot see the left most 1/2" of the display because of this problem. How do I move the display 1/2" to the right?...
  8. Can't change Display from number 2 to number 1 on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Display from number 2 to number 1 on Display Settings: Hi, Since I've started using a new secondary monitor, my apps will always open in the secondary one. This is because on the Display settings it appears as the primary, even if I force my actual primary to be the primary, the secondary keeps having the role. I've tried to do...
  9. 2 display screens

2 display screens: Suddenly I have two displays screen--the top one can delete both screens but the front one cannot delete either screen. They seem to be connected as one. I googled for help and followed direction, rt click on blank desktop and go to multiple screens. That seemed to only...
  10. Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2: Not sure how to do 2 displays with 2 graphics cards as I have a 24" monitor which I want the desktop to always to be displayed on - Display 1 then Display 2 will be the main program / game screen which is the 60" plasma. I will be using 2 X Ge-force GT730's for the test...