Windows 10: Can't move mouse while typing

Discus and support Can't move mouse while typing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, so I'm on windows 10 on an HP laptop Which I only just got, although I'm familiar with windows 10, and when I hold down a key I can't move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MooseSquidDragon, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Can't move mouse while typing

Ok, so I'm on windows 10 on an HP laptop Which I only just got, although I'm familiar with windows 10, and when I hold down a key I can't move the mouse. This seems like the sort of thing you can turn off in settings, but I can't find it. I didn't have this issue on my last laptop, and it's definitely occurring outside of games. How do I turn this off?

:)

MooseSquidDragon, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Can't move mouse while typing

Mouse

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>
      Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse works, then update the Mouse driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the Mouse drivers
    in compatibility mode
    . Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't move mouse while typing

1. Can't move mouse while typing - Similar Threads - Can't move mouse

2. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  3. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  4. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move mouse while typing: I have an Inspiron 5759 by Dell with windows 10 and am unable to move my mouse while typing. The touchpad is labelled as a PS/2 compatible mouse under properties, but has no option to disable smart sense or palm check. I have been unable to find any way to solve this problem...
  6. Can't move mouse while typing

Can't move mouse while typing: I have an Inspiron 5759 by Dell with windows 10 and am unable to move my mouse while typing. The touchpad is labelled as a PS/2 compatible mouse under properties, but has no option to disable smart sense or palm check. I have been unable to find any way to solve this problem...
  7. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can't move touchpad while typing.

Can't move touchpad while typing.: So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like I don't have settings or whatever in synaptic in the mouse settings....
  9. Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing: Im having issues trying to play games on my windows 10 HP omen laptop. Anytime i press a key theres a delay before i can move the mouse,also, anytime i hold down a key im unable to move the mouse around. please help?...
  10. Move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move mouse while typing: So as I type, I cant move my mouse and wonder why? If anyone replies to this please tell me! I'm on a Windows 10 Laptop and need to know these instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mouse-while-typing/503824ee-95cb-46b1-9f9c-1bbee09f695a