Windows 10: Can’t move .MOV files from iPhone X to my PC

Discus and support Can’t move .MOV files from iPhone X to my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A previous thread posted this information on 2 April 2018: "When I connect my iPhone X to my PC I can drag & drop the .JPEG files to my PC. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ralph from the Sunshine, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Can’t move .MOV files from iPhone X to my PC

A previous thread posted this information on 2 April 2018:

"When I connect my iPhone X to my PC I can drag & drop the .JPEG files to my PC. When I try to drag/drop a .MOV file I get either 1 of the 2 following messages:

Error Copying File or folder

X This device is unreachable

Or

X A device attached to the system is not functioning"

The thread is now locked. I am having the same problem. 380 other people have also clicked "I have the same question".

No satisfactory solution has been published.

Does anyone have a solution? How do we get a response from Apple and Microsoft?

:)

Ralph from the Sunshine, Dec 21, 2019
  2. cheukyung Win User

MOV Video File from iPhone 7 cannot be found in Win 10

I have the following equipment:
    • iphone 7 (iOS version 10.2.1; storage: 256GB)
    • notebook A (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage)
    • notebook B (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage)
    The iphone contains some image and video files including one .MOV file with size 4.6GB.

1. When I connect the iphone to notebook A by USB cord, in windows explorer all the files can be viewed except the .MOV file (as if it does not exist).
    2. When I connect the iphone to notebook B by USB cord, in windows explorer all the files including the .MOV file can be viewed.
    My question is: Why can't the file be shown in Windows sometimes? Any setting in Windows 10 may have impact on this?
    Thanks!

cheukyung, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Can’t move .MOV files from iPhone X to my PC

When I connect my iPhone X to my PC I can drag & drop the .JPEG files to my PC. When I try to drag/drop a .MOV file I get either 1 of the 2 following messages:

X This device is unreachable

Or

X A device attached to the system is not functioning

I detached the iPhone X at least five times and one of the 2 error messages above always appears.

Help would be greatly appreciated,

Tony

The Pool Commish, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Can’t move .MOV files from iPhone X to my PC

Editing .mov files

Ive never worked with .mov files. What a free program and best program to work with .mov files on a PC?

Thanks

Jetster, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Can’t move .MOV files from iPhone X to my PC

1. Can’t move .MOV files from iPhone X to my PC - Similar Threads - Can’t move MOV

2. How to direct transfer MOV files from iPhone to Windows PC? Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to direct transfer MOV files from iPhone to Windows PC? Tried everything.: Please assist. How can I transfer files, in particular MOV video files, directly from iPhone 14 pro to PC Windows 10 pro for workstations? I have followed all instructions from Microsoft and Apple ensuring phone is open and latest iOS and iTunes. The direct transfers via...
  3. How to direct transfer MOV files from iPhone to Windows PC? Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to direct transfer MOV files from iPhone to Windows PC? Tried everything.: Please assist. How can I transfer files, in particular MOV video files, directly from iPhone 14 pro to PC Windows 10 pro for workstations? I have followed all instructions from Microsoft and Apple ensuring phone is open and latest iOS and iTunes. The direct transfers via...
  4. How to direct transfer MOV files from iPhone to Windows PC? Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey X on my files can’t open the file: I just woke up today and saw on my laptop. There was a Grey X on some of my folder and when i tried to open that folder it said “oops something went wrong”Idk what i happening but i need help....
  6. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey X on my files can’t open the file: I just woke up today and saw on my laptop. There was a Grey X on some of my folder and when i tried to open that folder it said “oops something went wrong”Idk what i happening but i need help....
  7. Cannot import photos from iPhone X to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot import photos from iPhone X to PC: I am at my wits ends and about to trade my new HP ProBook in for a Mac because I cannot load any of my pictures from my iphoneX to my PC. I have tried everything that the support page recommended, including: -Changing settings on iPhone to "keep originals" -Making sure...
  8. How to read iPhone .JPG and .MOV files in windows 10.

How to read iPhone .JPG and .MOV files in windows 10.: How to read iPhone .JPG and .MOV files in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-read-iphone-jpg-and-mov-files-in-windows-10/c8efebb5-d996-48a6-8e16-0b523e7fc69f"
  9. Moving photos from iPhone to PC

Moving photos from iPhone to PC: I've been trying to move photos from my iPhone to my PC for an hour and it doesn't work. I am doing the guide that I found on the internet (open photos and import) and it all looked good. I press on import then it dectects all of them, after that I chose all to go into my...
  10. MOV Video File from iPhone 7 cannot be found in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    MOV Video File from iPhone 7 cannot be found in Win 10: I have the following equipment: iphone 7 (iOS version 10.2.1; storage: 256GB) notebook A (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage) notebook B (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage) The iphone contains some image and video files including one .MOV...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant move mov files from.iphone

2. how to move mov file to windows