Windows 10: cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd

Discus and support cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i want to move my video files back from my HDD to my SSD as i thought i was gonna take up more storage so i moved it on my HDD now i need it back on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nixle.., Jan 16, 2021.

1. Nixle.. Win User

cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd

i want to move my video files back from my HDD to my SSD as i thought i was gonna take up more storage so i moved it on my HDD now i need it back on my SSD because it doesn't take up as much space but it tells me that System Volume Information access denied and when i revwealed hidden files the SVI is locked onto the HDD under the videos, i cant delete it from whatever i've tried i dont know what to do please help

:)

Nixle.., Jan 16, 2021

2. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Jan 16, 2021
  3. brify Win User
    Storage setup with a SSD and HDD

Hi

I have just purchased an HP Pavillion Desktop with a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, I have initialised windows, choosing to use OneDrive for backup and storage (I have 1TB cloud storage with 365) and also updated windows and drivers. I have not transferred
    any data from my old pc yet.

I now wish to setup the pc to have the operating system and program files on the SSD as they are currently and all my Files/Pictures/Music etc on the HDD but I am unsure of the correct procedures and order in which to carry them out. I also want to
    continue using OneDrive for backup and file access from other devices.

I am aware of the following:

• The OneDrive folder is currently on the SSD and is backing up the default Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I wish to move this folder to the HDD but I am not when to do this, looking at the steps below, to prevent any sync issues
    • I know I can move my user folders, Documents, Pictures etc to the HDD by changing the location of these from C: (SSD) to D: (HDD), leaving the User/Username folder on C:
    • I have also noticed that in Settings/System/Storage I can 'change the location where new content is saved' for these folders, what is the difference between this and moving the location of the folders as detailed above.

Can anyone advise on the best/correct method of setting my system up going forward?

Thanks

brify, Jan 16, 2021
  4. cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd

Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd

1. cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd - Similar Threads - cant move video

2. Can I move my Windows to SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I move my Windows to SSD from HDD: I have upgraded my PC to have SSD memory but I don't know how to move my now Windows 11 to the SSD. I use to have a Windows thumb drive but I lost it a while back and buying a new one is out of the question atm b/c it cost to much. Everything I search online on how to move it...
  3. Can I move my Windows to SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move my Windows to SSD from HDD: I have upgraded my PC to have SSD memory but I don't know how to move my now Windows 11 to the SSD. I use to have a Windows thumb drive but I lost it a while back and buying a new one is out of the question atm b/c it cost to much. Everything I search online on how to move it...
  4. Move my OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move my OS from HDD to SSD: If I move my OS to my SSD from my HDD, whether I decide to clone the hard drive or do a clean Reinstall, will it still recognize my desktop? like will all of my applications still be installed and will all of my games be installed along with all of my save files and/or memory...
  5. Moving files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files from SSD to HDD: I want to transfer all the files execpt the ones required to boot up Windows from my SSD to the HDD to keep my SSD free as it is a low capacity one. I have tried many methods posted online but couldn't do anything about it and I need the steps to be explained in such a way...
  6. Is my SSD 22.5GB big enough to move Windows from my HDD?

Is my SSD 22.5GB big enough to move Windows from my HDD?: I have windows installed in a 1TB HDD, my computer has a 25GB SSD with 22.5GB of free space, the rest being used by a folder named drivers which I guess obviously stores drivers, though im not sure if they're actually used, the Windows folder in my HDD is 18GB. Is the space...
  7. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving my OS from HDD to SSD: Hey guys, Doing a massive overhaul of my computer and finally moving my OS to my HDD to SSD. New everything, the only things I am keeping is my power supply and HDD. I read that to do it without wiping, I'd need a cloning tool. However, I don't care enough about that. All...
  8. Move my os from a HDD into a SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move my os from a HDD into a SSD: Greetings. What's the best FREE tool/method to simply move the os from a 1tb HDD into a 120gb SSD? I don't need to save personal files or anything since the HDD will remain as a secondary drive. But almost every single guide I found is suggesting using a paid software (like...
  9. Moving to a new SSD from my HDD and what the entails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving to a new SSD from my HDD and what the entails: I bought an SSD and am going to make that my main drive/boot drive. I plan to transfer my windows 10 digital license to it, which I've been lead to believe is a thing. I want to know if that is possible and, more importantly, what is going to happen to the files on my old...
  10. Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back.

Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back.: I watched a video on how to move items from one hard drive to another and decided to test it out. It worked! I moved my Desktop which had a location of C:\User\Name to D:\User\Name. However, when I tried to move the Desktop back to C:\User\Name, it replaced C:\User\Name with...