Windows 10: Can't move only tile, C:, everything else moves!

Discus and support Can't move only tile, C:, everything else moves! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys! All the tiles on my start menu can be resized and moved around as I need, EXCEPT for my C: drive! It's been like this for months now, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kurtzva, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Can't move only tile, C:, everything else moves!

Hey guys!

All the tiles on my start menu can be resized and moved around as I need, EXCEPT for my C: drive! It's been like this for months now, and I keep everything on my laptop up to date.

I've rebooted many, many times over the last few months. I don't think it's a permission issue, since all the other ones move just fine.

Any idea why this is only happening to my C drive? I wouldn't mind it normally, but when I pin it, it goes all the way down the bottom right corner, which is annoying for me, and can't be moved!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Kurtzva
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kurtzva, Nov 26, 2019

2. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Agrippa Win User
    How to group tiles

I can move items from the Start list to produce tiles and I can enter names in the name bars but I am finding it impossible to group tiles. One of the tutorials seems to suggest that all you need to do is move one tile on top of another to group them, but all that happens for me is that I end up with one tile chasing a second tile around the screen! So, what exactly am I doing wrong?

Agrippa, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Can't move only tile, C:, everything else moves!

Tile fixing

Hello,

Moving tiles in the Start menu is one of the features that Windows 10 users are able to do to organize the applications that you are using. For us to assist you on how you'll be able to arrange or move your tiles in the Start menu, kindly follow the simple
    steps listed below:

• Click on the Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click and hold on the tile you want to move.
    • Drag the tile to the position you want.
    • Let go.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't move only tile, C:, everything else moves!

1. Can't move only tile, C:, everything else moves! - Similar Threads - Can't move tile

2. Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C: I try many times to move desktop back but cannot move back. It is because of system volume information locates in disk D. How can i move back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-desktop-back-to-disk-c/6cb1173d-7cc3-4ee5-acd1-45a12721238b
  3. Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C: I try many times to move desktop back but cannot move back. It is because of system volume information locates in disk D. How can i move back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-desktop-back-to-disk-c/6cb1173d-7cc3-4ee5-acd1-45a12721238b
  4. Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't move some of the start tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move some of the start tiles: Hello, I'm not able to move the Documents, Music, Video, Downloads or Pictures start tiles. I can add/remove them and resize them, but my computer won't let me move them. I can click and drag them around, but they return to the same spot when I release the mouse button....
  6. What are the effects of moving everything from (C:) to (D:).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the effects of moving everything from (C:) to (D:).: My storage on Windows (C:) is full and I keep needing to delete stuff to make room for more stuff, my Storage (D:) has 5.40 TB on it however and would like to know if it would be a good idea to transfer everything from Windows (C:) to Storage (D:) I want to make sure nothing...
  7. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  8. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  9. unable to move tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to move tiles?: i have had this issue for a while now. been unable to solve it until today *Smile I have tried many bits of advice, to no avail. I wont go into what I have tried as it is a lot of data. this is the only way I have been able to solve the issue! first you will need to make a...
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437