Windows 10: Can't move or install all games to my D: drive. Current game is Gears 5

Discus and support Can't move or install all games to my D: drive. Current game is Gears 5 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My game can not be moved to the D: drive from the C: drive. It gives me the error "0x80073d13". Tried: Uninstall and reinstall. Change where new... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Tjolahopla, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Can't move or install all games to my D: drive. Current game is Gears 5

My game can not be moved to the D: drive from the C: drive. It gives me the error "0x80073d13".

Tried: Uninstall and reinstall. Change where new content should be installed D: drive. Restarted PC, reset windows store. Reset whole windows 2 times. Formated the D: disc.

The problem is currently with a game in particular: "Gear 5". Another game "The long dark" worked to move between the discs. The D: drive is set as the default install directory so the fact that Gears 5 was installed on C: drive before a question if I want to install it there shows something is not right.

:)

Tjolahopla, Oct 17, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Toker1975 Win User

Can't move or install all games to my D: drive. Current game is Gears 5

Game Pass for PC reckons my D: drive is not NTFS

Hey all,

Had installed and uninstalled Gears 5 with no issues. After updating the app yesterday, if I try and install the game, the app reads my D: drive as NTFS, when it isn't. Had MS guys have a look through remote access, they couldn't find anything, but got
    me to do a refresh install, to no avail. This is occurring on a few Game Pass app games now too...

Toker1975, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't move or install all games to my D: drive. Current game is Gears 5

1. Can't move or install all games to my D: drive. Current game is Gears 5 - Similar Threads - Can't move install

2. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install game to D drive: I just bought Forza 5 and do not have enough space on my C drive for the game. This is a family PC and there are several other accounts on it. I've already set my default to the D drive but when I try to install it it says there is not enough space and does not give me an...
  3. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install game to D drive: I just bought Forza 5 and do not have enough space on my C drive for the game. This is a family PC and there are several other accounts on it. I've already set my default to the D drive but when I try to install it it says there is not enough space and does not give me an...
  4. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install games on my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on my D drive: Basically when i go to install sea of thieves and i click install, the location prompt for the download comes up as usual and gives me the option to choose another drive to download the game too. So i go and select my D drive and i click install. But, nothing, and i click and...
  6. Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service": First off, i find this problem unacceptable, this shouldn't be happening in the first place and as a HUGE company Microsoft should have had this already under wraps. The reason im so critical is because they advertise crossplateform games but this seems to be a common issue....
  7. Can't download a game to my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a game to my D drive: I've been trying to download a game to my D drive but it says I need storage the game is 50 gbs and I have over 200 gbs on the hard drive in question I've tried to change where new content is saved, I've tried wsreset in administrator mode, I've tired to reset microsoft store...
  8. Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game: Every time Gears 5 needs an update I open the Windows Store & go to downloads. The update freezes early in the process & never continues to download. The last time this happened I had to reinstall the entire game in order to get it working again & I don't want to keep doing...
  9. Halo games and gears 5 lagging and freezing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo games and gears 5 lagging and freezing.: I have plenty of other games that run absolutely fine no issues high settings high fps. But any games I downloaded from the Microsoft store just have an absolute nightmare playing? I can put the graphics to the lowest and let the fps go as high as it wants and the games will...
  10. Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues: I have browsed the other threads on this, and have even created my own, but nothing so far has worked. My issue started on the 7th, when I tried to launch Gears V. Nothing happened. Opened task manager and saw that a windows app named Gaming Service was running 3x in the...