Windows 10: Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut

Discus and support Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am frustrating out here... I have multiple problems. And I don't know if it is appropriate to put all questions in one thread, but let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Premkumarkh, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut

Hello,
    I am frustrating out here...

I have multiple problems. And I don't know if it is appropriate to put all questions in one thread, but let me do it. This is my first post. Sorry for it.

Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)

So the problem occurs like the following:
    1. I can't move, delete, rename etc. except viewing the file of folder contained in Document and Picture folder in my Onedrive from my user profile folder. I think I have mess up something without proper knowledge.
    Whenever I try to do it, the response comes as the screenshot below,

Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut [​IMG]

after I give the permission the next prompt shows,

and ultimately you might have known it,,, failed......

And now the second problem is
    2. When I try to rename the file the below screenshot comes

Relating to this location problem, let me insert you a note that, the Pictures folder in my Onedrive folder is having a short named "Where are my files". I think there is a conflict on location.

I really don't know the problem and solution,

and lastly, three months ago, my screenshot saves automatically in the screenshot folder in the pictures folder, but now it doesnt save automatically, it remains only in the clipboard.

Once I tried to "Restore default" the location of the picture, and the screenshot works, and saved automatically, and the restoring default could not work in first try, I don't remember how it worked. then suddenly i can't restore the location to default.

the attached pop up warning comes

Note, for deleting, or move I can do it by using UNLOCKER app, but I dont want to use it always, I want to sort the problem and restore it to normal.
    I have tried to change the user to admin it does not helped.
    It is not a problem of Untrusted too..

Please help!!

:)

Premkumarkh, Aug 11, 2020

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut

Renaming local files and folders issue

Hi,

To further assist you with renaming local files and folders, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and see the steps which has the marked as answer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut

1. Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut - Similar Threads - Can't move rename

2. Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files in Windows 10: Trying to rename results in file explorer crashing whilst moving or deleting is just perma stuck at 0%. File Explorer is stuck at "Cancelling" on move operations when i try to cancel it. I have tried everything that has been posted about this issue before and nothing works. I...
  3. Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files in Windows 10: Trying to rename results in file explorer crashing whilst moving or deleting is just perma stuck at 0%. File Explorer is stuck at "Cancelling" on move operations when i try to cancel it. I have tried everything that has been posted about this issue before and nothing works. I...
  4. Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.: Trying to rename results in file explorer crashing whilst moving or deleting is just perma stuck at 0%. File Explorer is stuck at "Cancelling" on move operations. I have tried everything that has been posted about this issue before and nothing works. I tried:- Uninstalling...
  6. Can't delete, rename or move a specific image file.

Can't delete, rename or move a specific image file.: Hello there,I was deleting some files from my Downloads folder today and came across a file that can't be deleted, renamed or moved. When trying to perform any of these actions, nothing happens.When checking the file properties, I noticed something weird: the file location...
  7. Can't delete, rename or move a specific image file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete, rename or move a specific image file.: Hello there,I was deleting some files from my Downloads folder today and came across a file that can't be deleted, renamed or moved. When trying to perform any of these actions, nothing happens.When checking the file properties, I noticed something weird: the file location...
  8. Can't delete, rename or move a specific image file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. "Can't find the specified file" when moving/renaming a folder

"Can't find the specified file" when moving/renaming a folder: Hi, I have a problem with my windows that is making me kind of mad to be honest, every time i try to delete, rename, or move a folder, it shows this:[ATTACH] I used that folder as an example, and it happens with every single folder. Some people suggest i do "sfc /scannow",...
  10. Can't move or rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move or rename folders: When I try to move or rename a folder I get Can't find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. It seems that right-clicking would tell windows where the folder is. When I make a new folder it comes as Folder 1, Folder 2 etc. When I...