Windows 10: can't move taskbar icons or chrome tabs, among other things

Discus and support can't move taskbar icons or chrome tabs, among other things in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i can't move the icons on my taskbar or the tabs in chrome, and when i hover over a taskbar icon of a program i have open the little preview doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 413jaime, Mar 1, 2022.

1. 413jaime Win User

can't move taskbar icons or chrome tabs, among other things

i can't move the icons on my taskbar or the tabs in chrome, and when i hover over a taskbar icon of a program i have open the little preview doesn't reliably pop up, and i can't switch to most windows by clicking their taskbar icons. i've already restarted windows explorer via the task manager, i've done sfc/scannow, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess all multiple times and restarted multiple times. earlier i managed to get ahold of chat support and they had me do an "in place upgrade"

:)

413jaime, Mar 1, 2022
  2. smerling Win User

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

smerling, Mar 1, 2022
  3. Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

Thanks!! Much simpler than the previous response. Good reason to read all of these suggestions first!

BarnabasPath, Mar 1, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 1, 2022
Thema:

1. can't move taskbar icons or chrome tabs, among other things - Similar Threads - can't move taskbar

2. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues among other things: I am running Windows 10, 21H2. For starters, I am missing a lot of app icons in the Start Menu. Network and Internet settings crash the moment I try to open them while connected to a network. Speaking of networks, the icon on the bottom right used to show Identifying...,...
  3. can't move taskbar icons or chrome tabs, among other things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't move taskbar icons or chrome tabs, among other things: i can't move the icons on my taskbar or the tabs in chrome, and when i hover over a taskbar icon of a program i have open the little preview doesn't reliably pop up, and i can't switch to most windows by clicking their taskbar icons. i've already restarted windows explorer...
  4. can't move taskbar icons or chrome tabs, among other things

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't move taskbar icons or chrome tabs, among other things: i can't move the icons on my taskbar or the tabs in chrome, and when i hover over a taskbar icon of a program i have open the little preview doesn't reliably pop up, and i can't switch to most windows by clicking their taskbar icons. i've already restarted windows explorer...
  5. Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.: As said in the title, whenever I try to move a tab within Chrome, it won't move around. The same happens with my taskbar icons. However, I can move entire Chrome windows, just not the tab itself....
  6. Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.: As said in the title, whenever I try to move a tab within Chrome, it won't move around. The same happens with my taskbar icons. However, I can move entire Chrome windows, just not the tab itself....
  7. Chrome tabs won't move, Taskbar icons won't either.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.: This happened after the new windows update on 4/14/21. Everything was working fine until then. I got the computer at the end of 2019. After the new update there are a number of bugs but the ones that really prevent me are the fact that pressing f4 does not open screen...
  9. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  10. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...