Windows 10: Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

Discus and support Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to move the location of these kinds of folders, but simply can't, windows tells me that there's a folder that can't be moved. I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Player371130809, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

I've been trying to move the location of these kinds of folders, but simply can't, windows tells me that there's a folder that can't be moved. I looked all over the internet for solutions, and everywhere they say to change de registry, which I did, but it didn't work. My C:/ is a small ssd device 120gb so I would like to save all data I can on my secondary storage drive an hdd. Can someone help me?

:)

Player371130809, Oct 2, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc. [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 2, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

1. Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc. - Similar Threads - Can't move location

2. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  3. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  4. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  5. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  6. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  7. Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives: I've recently got a new laptop with SSD and HDD. When the laptop arrived, all the user library folders such as Documents, Pictures etc were set up to be on the C: drive SSD, all linked to OneDrive. I wanted to move them on the the HDD, which is something I've managed fine on...
  8. Can't move folder location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move folder location: Hi, I recently sync with Onedrive. When I noticed that all my onedrive folders mixed with my local documents on my PC, I unlinked it and uninstalled it. >However, my documents folder is now C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents. >I clicked on restore default button which is the...
  9. Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations: Help. I have Win10 1809 installed on SSD. My second hard drive has folders for Documents, Download, Videos, Pictures. When I try to tell the computer to put my documents on the D: drive it's now pointing to a OneDrive which I don't use. I won't let me move Documents or...
  10. Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders: So currently when I go into "This PC" I have 6 icons at the top : Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Videos. As I'm running my OS off a 120gb SSD I typically store my documents/photos/videos etc on another drive, in this case my D drive. If I right click >...