Windows 10: Can't move the pointer while clicking on the touchpad button

Discus and support Can't move the pointer while clicking on the touchpad button in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I asked a Question link because I couldn't type and use the touchpad at the same time and got that solved. With that, I tried to play some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by José M Santos, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Can't move the pointer while clicking on the touchpad button

Recently, I asked a Question link because I couldn't type and use the touchpad at the same time and got that solved.

With that, I tried to play some videogame and found out that I can't move and click on the touchpad button at the same time... What can I do?

The "Synaptics Pointing Device" is 19.5.10.141 17/05/2019

:)

José M Santos, Dec 27, 2019

2. Touchpad mouse pointer lag

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access touchpad after being upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to touchpad settings/ corrupted drivers.

I suggest you to connect external mouse to your device as touchpad is not working and check if it is working. If so follow the below steps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Write Troubleshooting
      in the search box and hit Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and Enable.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Pointer slides out

Use finger on touchpad, and move pointer to where I want,
    and
    leave finger from touchpad,

pointer moves and slides out
    Any suggestions?

electron100, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Can't move the pointer while clicking on the touchpad button

touchpad pointer

Please try following -

1: Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Click Hardware & Devices > Run the Troubleshooter

2: Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your computer

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

E for Excel, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't move the pointer while clicking on the touchpad button

1. Can't move the pointer while clicking on the touchpad button - Similar Threads - Can't move pointer

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. My touchpad will click but it will not move, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad will click but it will not move, why?: I have turned it back and back on. I have uninstalled it in the device manager and then it is reinstalled once I restart my laptop. My physical mouse still works. All of the device drivers are up to date. I don't know what to do....
  4. My touchpad will click but it will not move, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad will click but it will not move, why?: I have turned it back and back on. I have uninstalled it in the device manager and then it is reinstalled once I restart my laptop. My physical mouse still works. All of the device drivers are up to date. I don't know what to do....
  5. Touchpad issue - pointer jumps to bottom left corner of the screen while clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad issue - pointer jumps to bottom left corner of the screen while clicking: This has been a problem on each PC I've had, and I've scoured community boards trying to find a replication of the same issue and solution but have never been able to fix the problem. I've tried hard resets, reboots, updating drivers, disabling the touchpad, re-installing...
  6. Can't move touchpad while typing.

Can't move touchpad while typing.: So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like I don't have settings or whatever in synaptic in the mouse settings....
  7. touchpad and pointer

touchpad and pointer: How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-pointer/ad9a51b2-28fe-47ee-8981-4f8a69cfd88c
  8. Touchpad move but not click (HW buttons)

Touchpad move but not click (HW buttons): Hi, I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10. I can use my touchpad but both hardware buttons (left & right) does not work. It is updated (OS & drivers). Can someone help me?...
  9. Touchpad will move, but not click.

Touchpad will move, but not click.: Hello, My cursor randomly froze and would not move today, so I restarted my laptop to see if that would help. That time, the cursor disappeared completely, so I got my plug-in mouse and tried rolling back and updating the drivers for the touchpad. I got it now to where the...
  10. Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click: My computer will randomly "freeze", meaning that I can move my mouse around, but clicking on things like my browser or the start bar doesn't do anything. I looked around online and the only "solution" I found was to press ctrl+alt+delete, then press cancel. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i move my pointer when holiding left button