Windows 10: Cant move touchpad while typing on Dell Inspiron 5570

Discus and support Cant move touchpad while typing on Dell Inspiron 5570 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have looked all over but can not find a modern solution to my problem. I have a dell inspiron 5570 laptop, and whenever I am typing, I can not move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GavinTFI, Apr 16, 2020.

1. GavinTFI Win User

Cant move touchpad while typing on Dell Inspiron 5570

I have looked all over but can not find a modern solution to my problem. I have a dell inspiron 5570 laptop, and whenever I am typing, I can not move my touchpad. I have an external mouse, but my family uses it sometimes as it is bluetooth. I am 99% sure it is because of "Palm Check" but the newest control panel is a lot different than the older ones, and I cant find a lot of the settings needed. If anyone could help me, that would be very much appreciated. Thank you and have a good day!

:)

GavinTFI, Apr 16, 2020

2. port 2.0 is not working in dell inspiron 5570

Port 2.0 and type c port is not working in my laptop dell inspiron 5570 ,and its with windows10 8th generation i7 processor .can any one suggest me solution to repair my 2.0 port

Thanks

marojkannaa, May 23, 2020
  3. DELL Inspiron 15 5570 Touchscreen issue

I don't see where it comes with a touchscreen in any configuration:

https://www.laptoparena.net/dell/dell-inspiron-...

I'd go to the Dell Downloads page
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Produ...
    for your Service Tag number on the sticker on bottom, update your drivers including the touchpad if you find newer ones that presently in the Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start button.

Then configure the touchpad and learn about how it works more in Settings > Devices > Touchpad and also in the Additional Settings there at the right side of the page to open Mouse Properties and look at the last tab where the Touchpad software installs itself.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - MVP, May 23, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant move touchpad while typing on Dell Inspiron 5570 - Similar Threads - Cant move touchpad

2. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  3. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  4. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD on Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with Windows 10: About three or four weeks ago I noticed that my PC was spontaneously rebooting. Finally, I found that I was getting the Blue Screen of Death about every 45 minutes or so with the error Reference By Pointer. The BSOD seemed to clear up last week but it is back again this week,...
  6. BSOD on Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with Windows 10: About three or four weeks ago I noticed that my PC was spontaneously rebooting. Finally, I found that I was getting the Blue Screen of Death about every 45 minutes or so with the error Reference By Pointer. The BSOD seemed to clear up last week but it is back again this week,...
  7. Can't move touchpad while typing.

Can't move touchpad while typing.: So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like I don't have settings or whatever in synaptic in the mouse settings....
  8. DELL Inspiron 15 5570 Touchscreen issue

DELL Inspiron 15 5570 Touchscreen issue: Hi everyone, I have an issue with the touch screen. Tried troubleshooting and see if I can find the HID compliant touch screen in touch manager but I still can't. Can anyone help, please?...
  9. DELL Inspiron 5570 Touchscreen issue

DELL Inspiron 5570 Touchscreen issue: Hi everyone, I have an issue with the touch screen. Tried troubleshooting and see if I can find the HID compliant touch screen in touch manager but I still can't. Can anyone help, please?...
  10. Win 10 / Dell Inspiron 5570

Win 10 / Dell Inspiron 5570: Although I turned off the keyboard light, it was still lit when I typed the keyboard. I was very upset with this problem. I have found many ways but failed, hoping everyone to help me....