Windows 10: Can't move touchpad while typing.

Discus and support Can't move touchpad while typing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alabusamra, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Can't move touchpad while typing.

So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like I don't have settings or whatever in synaptic in the mouse settings.

:)

alabusamra, Feb 18, 2021

2. turn off touchpad while typing

Hi James,

There are several factors to consider for this kind of issue. First is the make and model of your computer, next is the build of your Windows 10. If you want to completely disable the touchpad function on your computer, we would suggest to uninstall
    it from the device manager.

Here’s how:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Under Mice and other pointing devices, look for the driver for your Touchpad.
    • Right click on the driver and select Uninstall.

Let us know if the above steps have helped resolve your concern.

Venancio Khu, Feb 18, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Can't move touchpad while typing.

Touchpad not working correctly!

Hi Moosa,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried to restart your computer?

If yes, and the issue still persists, we suggest that you use a mouse to troubleshoot the touchpad then follow these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound to the options listed.
    • Choose Devices and Printers.
    • Choose the driver for your touchpad.
    • Right click then select Troubleshoot.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Can't move touchpad while typing.

1. Can't move touchpad while typing. - Similar Threads - Can't move touchpad

2. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  3. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  4. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't move mouse while typing

Can't move mouse while typing: I have an Inspiron 5759 by Dell with windows 10 and am unable to move my mouse while typing. The touchpad is labelled as a PS/2 compatible mouse under properties, but has no option to disable smart sense or palm check. I have been unable to find any way to solve this problem...
  6. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move mouse while typing: I have an Inspiron 5759 by Dell with windows 10 and am unable to move my mouse while typing. The touchpad is labelled as a PS/2 compatible mouse under properties, but has no option to disable smart sense or palm check. I have been unable to find any way to solve this problem...
  7. CAN'T ENABLE TOUCHPAD WHILE TYPING

CAN'T ENABLE TOUCHPAD WHILE TYPING: I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14IIL05, came with Windows 10, and I am trying to get the trackpad to not turn off when typing. I am trying to game with this laptop and whenever I press the keyboard the trackpad turns off and becomes unresponsive and that is really...
  8. Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing: Im having issues trying to play games on my windows 10 HP omen laptop. Anytime i press a key theres a delay before i can move the mouse,also, anytime i hold down a key im unable to move the mouse around. please help?...
  9. Can't move cursor for a little while after typing (Precision touchpad)

Can't move cursor for a little while after typing (Precision touchpad): Hi, got this problem after I install the precision touchpad driver. Before this, I can use the Synaptics control panel to fix this. the cursor can reflect quickly after I typed, it is comfortable to use. But after I install precision touchpad for my Hp specture, there is no...
  10. Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help: Hi, I recently received a new Lenovo laptop, and I've noticed I can't move the cursor at all while holding down any key. This is really irritating, especially as a gamer, so could somebody please help, thanks. (I'm running on Windows 10) My touchpad is a Synaptics...