Windows 10: Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10

Discus and support Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can create new folders but I can't name them. Pls help. Using Microsoft 365 and One Drive. However same issue occurs in File Explorer outside of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewWebster5, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10

I can create new folders but I can't name them. Pls help.

Using Microsoft 365 and One Drive. However same issue occurs in File Explorer outside of OneDrive.

Have reviewed past discussion on the topic, what is the latest advice.

Thanks

Andrew

:)

AndrewWebster5, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2021
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10

Win10 File Explorer will not allow naming a new folder

Just downloaded Windows 10. In File Explorer I tried to create a new folder, but could not enter a name. The box closed and reverted to New Folder. Tried Rename, but box closed after entering first letter. Also in list of folders, keeps auto scrolling to
    top.

Edit:

Link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-rename/3d93fe8a-6041-4d2b-97a0-8fd7cc4f1a2d

Title:

File Explorer will not rename

Just downloaded Windows 10. In File Explorer I tried to create a new folder, but could not enter a name. The box closed and reverted to New Folder. Tried Rename, but box closed after entering first letter.
    Also in list of folders, keeps auto scrolling to top.

No color problems, so do not understand first reply.

AngusScully, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10

1. Can't name or rename folders in File Explorer Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't name rename

2. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  3. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  4. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  5. cant name or rename folders or files

cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  6. Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders: I have recently moved to Windows 11 on "multiple" PCs/Laptops including a brand new Dell Desktop which I just setup a day ago. I am having a common problem across all these PCs/Laptops which are different brands including Lenovo & Dell, are of different ages, and some are...
  7. Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders

Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders: I have recently moved to Windows 11 on "multiple" PCs/Laptops including a brand new Dell Desktop which I just setup a day ago. I am having a common problem across all these PCs/Laptops which are different brands including Lenovo & Dell, are of different ages, and some are...
  8. Windows 11 - File Explorer - Problems with Naming/Renaming Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. renaming folders in Windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    renaming folders in Windows 10 file explorer: I have a problem when renaming folders in file explorer in Windows 10. I can change the name of a folder, no problem. But when I do this with an EMPTY folder, the old folder is retained and a new separate folder is created with the new name. This happens even when I create...
  10. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name: I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are...